PDA

View Full Version : Staying sane and happy

Jenwales
11-06-16, 16:48
I've just returned from a relaxing holiday and I love how great I feel during my holidays. But i know it won't last. I'll go to work and the calm will go. Ill start to feel miserable again. I feel so inspired and interested in so much after a holiday but it won't last. I was thinking I can start my mindfulness practice as that helps but what else can I do? I always feel when I come back from a holiday that I want my life to be different but it doesn't last and I soon get bogged down. I thought if I go out for walks or maybe just switch off the TV and read more though I've been doing that anyway. I'm hoping someone can help and maybe give me advice. Besides some ocd and worrying issues anxiety generally only affects me when
I'm stressed but why can't I be as calm and clear minded and happy as I am on holiday all the time

misslove
12-06-16, 05:15
Well I think everyone feels this way to a degree. Of course people are happier and more relaxed on vacations or holidays. There's is always a sense of dread going back to work. I suggest you find time in the morning before work or in the evening to have some self-time. Take that time to unwind and let go of the day's stresses. I'm aware that it's easier said than done. LOL. Read. Write. Draw. Listen. Walk. Talk. So many things you can do!

georgewing
12-06-16, 14:43
This means that you dont like your job ,in general majority of people feel bad when monday day start because its start the job .Unfortunatelly this its part of life and we must to work .But you can choose to find a better job or start a business that make you happy ,all of this its not easy and you need courage and determination but to be happy you must pay the price.

Jenwales
12-06-16, 21:39
I've been trying to find a better job for years.
I'm working 10-8 for two day, then 10-7 and 10-5 doesn't leave much time to chill out as I'll have to cook food etc

I know everyone has this but I don't think generally people deal with it better. It's like everyone has anxiety but it's only a problem if it interferes with your life. My work stresses makes me miserable and I am unable to switch off from them and they stop me from enjoying my life generally.
I'm not sure everyone has this problem or if they do they are better at dealing with it than me.
I was just hoping someone could relate and give me advice as this is the forum for people with excessive anxiety and worry and this is the same thing.

I know it's a part of life but I am frustrated and struggling and trying to find some way to make a change. I've tried looking for a new job I've tried everything. So I'm asking on here