PDA

View Full Version : new one for me eptopic pregnancy?

tiredofthis14
11-06-16, 17:45
i was taken to hospital yesterday i had severe abdominal pain and was being sick the hosp admitted me thinking i had pancreatiis but bloods came back ok they did a gall bladder scan and i mentioned my periods stopped in march
she had quick look at uterus and said id need internal if doc thought there was chance of eptopic but he said no
i have had negative pregnancy tests (urine) but now im really worrying i might have eptopic pregnancy my last period was 30th march would i be dead by now?! i dont no if u still always test positive it really is a new one for me and the hosp didnt wanna no

countrygirl
11-06-16, 19:12
The hospital would be absolutely certain that you do not have ectopic pregnancy as people do not survive this usually as the tube ruptures.
You can get false positive pregancy tests ( rare conditions can give a positive result) but not false negative especially in the time scale you say.

Its possible to have sludge in a gallbladder that does not show up on ultrasound but can give very bad attacks of gallbladder pain. If these attacks keep occuring then this is something they will look for. This could just be a one off attack of something, even a gastric bug which woud not show up in any tests.

Hopefully it won't happen again.

tiredofthis14
12-06-16, 05:35
all the hosp done was a urine pregnancy test is that enough

helenclaire
12-06-16, 14:26
Hi,
I had an ectopic pregnancy years ago and I can assure you that u and the hospital would know if you had one.

I was rushed in to hospital with what was first thought to be appendicitis but was given a pregnancy test which came back positive, I never had a clue I was pregnant but I can tell you the pain was the worst I had ever had and I nearly passed out from it, by the time I got to surgery I had internal bleeding.
So I am sure the hospital would of done all tests needed to rule it out.

tiredofthis14
12-06-16, 14:29
all they did was a urine test from my last period its been 10 weeks which is the thing thats worrying me one doc said about having a scan the other said no obv with health anxiety im terrified

Hck80
12-06-16, 15:06
I've had an ectopic pregnancy too, you haven't presented with any of the main symptoms for ectopic, and if you haven't had a period since March you really would know by now if you had an ectopic, the pain is immense.

tiredofthis14
12-06-16, 15:35
my worry is iv been in alot of pain i was on morphine the other day they did quick look at uterus and ovaries abdomanally but sonographer said id need internal and they refused :s im terrified

tiredofthis14
12-06-16, 22:18
im sitting hysterical started getting shoulder tip pain but i dont no if it because something wrong or because i know it a symptom of eptopic i rang urgent mental health line they rang me back tried to assure me if pregnancy test negative it unlikely :( but iv heard of people have negative tests

helenclaire
12-06-16, 22:59
Hi,
I did have the shoulder pain with my ectopic, but at this stage I was already on my way to surgery, so again I think if it had got to that stage you would already be in hospital.

If you are still worried then maybe speak to your doctor.
I am sure he will be able to put your mind at rest.

All I can say is that if it was an ectopic it would get worse quite quickly and not come and go.
You would be in so much pain you would be climbing the walls.

tiredofthis14
12-06-16, 23:32
im so scared i dont know if my mind creating the shoulder pain it comes and goes
i have tenderness in my tummy but not agony
i spoke to my mental health worker he adament if all my pregnancy tests negative im worrying over nothing
but iv never missed this many periods
IF i was suffering eptopic id be 10 weeks
sorry to ask but was it really obvious ? im scared to go to sleep incase i dont wake :(

helenclaire
13-06-16, 09:15
Hi,

I can only talk from my own experience and it was obvious something was seriously wrong.
Like I said I have never felt pain like it that's why I was rushed to hospital because I nearly passed out.
Once there the pain actually passed but this was followed by the shoulder pain it was at this point they did the pregnancy test which was positive and I was rushed into surgery.
So it would seem that once the symptoms start to show it is apparent really quickly.
I still get similar pains in my shoulders sometimes but as I have gone through the menopause and i am definitely not pregnant so shoulder pain can be caused by other things.
It sounds like it is very unlikely you are suffering from an ectopic pregnancy but obviously these pains are bothering you so please go back to your doctor so they can reassure you.
x

Hck80
13-06-16, 15:00
I know it's worrying and obviously I'm not medically trained but I can go by my own experience, you could go on the ectopic pregnancy trust website where it states all the symtoms
As you say you would be 10 weeks you would defo know by now and also a pregnancy test would show as positive.
Mine ruptured at 7 weeks and needed emergency surgery, and when I say I was in agony, well, I could barely walk, sitting to standing was shear hell, ve never had pain like it. I imagine your shoulder pain is tension, because with ectopic the shoulder pain is the tip of the shoulder,
I also had heavy bleeding, and a positive pregnancy test, I hope it's able to put your mind at rest a little
What is your pain like? Could it be ibs?

tiredofthis14
15-06-16, 07:09
thank you for replying i went back to the hospital because im getting shoulder tip pain they did blood pregnancy test and it was negative but iv read some people test negative :( i was admitted to physch ward because im so terrified im scared nobody listening i just want the scan to rule out im still getting sharp pain in tip my shoulder and pain in abdo the shoulder pain comes and goes tho

---------- Post added at 07:09 ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 ----------

the paininliterally in the tip of my shoulder i had it sunday and monday it eased monday night but been getting worse again since last night

Hck80
15-06-16, 13:16
Did they do your hcg? (Blood test) if there was any sign of an ectopic it would show up on that, basically a non pregnant woman has a hcg of less than 5, anything over that is considered as pregnant. If that is less than five you definately won't be having an ectopic.
Have you had any bleeding or pains in your side? With mine I couldn't walk, I was at the stage of almost passing out

tiredofthis14
15-06-16, 15:09
i had the blood hcg they just said negative so i presume it was under 5?
iv got pain in my right side of abdomen and on/off pain in shoulder tip
iv had no period or bleeding for 11 weeks now im not sure what is making me obsess over eptopic it just feels like my symtpoms fit except im not doubled over in pain x

Hck80
15-06-16, 16:11
I know it's really hard when you have a worry over something and no matter what people say or do it's hard to believe (I'm like this at the moment no matter how many times I tell myself it's fine)
I promise you if I had any feelings at all that you are having an ectopic I'd send you right back to the hospital, but I really can assure you that it can't be an ectopic if your hcg has come back as negative, with ectopic regardless of where it is the hcg is still there, and anything from the hundreds to thousands;

tiredofthis14
15-06-16, 16:37
thank you hun i know my anxiety out of control at the moment im going from that to convinced i have a blood clot from being inactive whilst i was admitted to pysch ward :( it awful i just want to stop waiting to die :( thank u for your messages they really really helped x

Hck80
15-06-16, 18:04
Glad I can help and maybe put your mind at rest, it's awful this anxiety isn't it, after my ectopic I spent years convicting myself I was having another, now my HA is on throat cancer and strokes! It's insane and I hate it.

Has the pain eased now? I bet the should let pain was down to the stress, I get that alot

tiredofthis14
17-06-16, 21:34
sorry i didnt see you replied i went back t urgent care yesterday exstreme pain in right side but they said it bladder infection didnt sleep all night in agony went to a and e this morn they said 100% i cant have eptopic if blood test negative but im in agony :S iv begged for a scan but they wont do it
only thing reasuring me is that surely if i was id be 11 weeks and itd surely of ruptured by now i think the shoulder pain is my anxiety because it comes and goes i literally wanted to die the amount of pain i was in this morning they gave me morphine but said for as long as pregnancy test comes back negative they wont look any further even tho my period stopped 3 months ago :'( but i did have hormone tests done and theyve come back really abnormal im such a mess i hate this fear

tiredofthis14
18-06-16, 13:10
and now my arm painn back too :(