PDA

View Full Version : Reassurance - Stick With It

Victory2016
11-06-16, 18:49
Hi all,

Just wanted to give you all some reassurance. I know some of us are really struggling right now and when we feel bad we want someone to tell us everything is going to be ok and that the meds will work for us. They will and we have to be patient, but I know that's hard to do when all we want to do is feel normal and be able to function. I am heading into week 9 @ 20mg and I am still struggling, but I am better then I was two months ago.

Just stick with it! I got hope again today! I just spoke to an old friend for about two hours and I had know idea he struggled with anxiety and depression. He was in the hospital twice for several weeks. He reassured me that things will get better. He told me it took him 3/4 months to pretty much be back to normal with no anxiety and depression. He even told me at times he was still having high bouts of anxiety/depression up into his 3rd month and then it finally kicked in and leveled off. He is doing great!

I know we are all different and it will kick in at different times for all of us. I really think the medication pamphlets need to be updated with different time frames. Its really discouraging to read you will feel better in 4-6 weeks, but we all know that is not true for a lot of us.

Hoping that we all start feeling better soon. I can't wait until we look back at our posts and say thank god I don't feel like that anymore. Then we can help others who are going through this journey.

Just stick with it!!! The motto for the day lol :bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

Don't give up! Give it 3/4 months if you can stick it out before switching or stopping.

Becky2785
11-06-16, 20:11
This is a lovely post victory deep down I know I will beat this again it is hard for us but we are strong we must be if we are coping with anxiety/depression I believe we get these conditions because we have been to strong for to long and it's our mind and body's way of telling us we need to slow down and take some us time

Just stick with it!!! ������

Mojo61
11-06-16, 20:24
Thank you so much for this wonderful and inspiring post Victory. Sometimes it is so hard to see a light at the end of the tunnel when we are feeling so bad. But to read something like this really gives us hope that there will be happy days again - we just need to be patient, and in the words of the late, great, Dr Claire Weeks - let time pass

sunflower7
11-06-16, 20:31
Thanks for this post. I think I needed to read this tonight. X

pollynewsome
11-06-16, 21:52
AWW ty really great post and so needed!x

Debs21uk
11-06-16, 23:33
Great post, just what you need when you are battling anxiety and depression everyday. I definitely think it's our body telling us to slow down. I have had two instances of depression and anxiety in the last two years roughly at the same time. Worked out its when my uni work has come to a head and I get so stressed. It's taken this instance to work it out but it's a hard lesson I've learnt this time.