PDA

View Full Version : Terrified, had a headache for 4 weeks.

everlasting
11-06-16, 21:37
Hiya everyone,

I am really anxious and frightened. I have had a headache in the same part of my head for about 4 weeks now.

It's a constant throb that starts about 2 hours after I wake up every morning. It gets much worse every time I cough, or bend over, or sneeze, or sometimes just move my head.

I feel sort of dizzy too, like I am walking on a ship.

I am so worried about this, I am scared it could be a brain tumour or something.

It is beginning to make me depressed to have no relief from this constant headache.

I am far far too scared to go to the doctor (that sort of thing makes me extremely anxious at the best of times) I haven't even told my family because I don't want to be pressured to go to the doctors.

I wish they would just go away :weep:

coco88
11-06-16, 23:03
Hi everlasting.

Im sorry to hear your suffering with this.
To me it sounds like it could be sinus related maybe?
When sinus's get infected it can build pressure and can cause the pressure to give you headaches.

It can get worse when bending over or sudden movements (such as sneezing)
and is worse in mornings. Mainly down to the fact the way your body has layed for hours when sleeping.
It can also affect your balance.

You didnt say where on your head the pain is, but if its more towards the front and face it could be sinus problems.

If its the sides of the head, could be tension headaches caused by stress.

Im no doctor but these are just some thoughts i have.
It going to be nothing to worry about and will go away with the right treatment.

i know its terrifying not knowing and also visitng the doctor. But they really are the best people to ask, they will help you and put you at ease.

good luck and get better soon x

Lexilou
11-06-16, 23:04
I was the same way when I had gallbladder problems. I was sure it was my heart and was scared to go to the doctor. Finally I gave up and went and it was a simple procedure and I was kicking myself for waiting so long with the pain. It's scary, but the quicker you get seen and treated the better off you'll be. It may just be a sinus infection and need a course of antibiotics, but better to know than live in fear. And please tell your family so they can help you! It was a big relief when I finally told my mom about my anxiety.

Josh1234
11-06-16, 23:50
You need to see a doctor. Just do it.

anx mum
12-06-16, 20:22
Hiya everyone,

I am really anxious and frightened. I have had a headache in the same part of my head for about 4 weeks now.

It's a constant throb that starts about 2 hours after I wake up every morning. It gets much worse every time I cough, or bend over, or sneeze, or sometimes just move my head.

I feel sort of dizzy too, like I am walking on a ship.

I am so worried about this, I am scared it could be a brain tumour or something.

It is beginning to make me depressed to have no relief from this constant headache.

I am far far too scared to go to the doctor (that sort of thing makes me extremely anxious at the best of times) I haven't even told my family because I don't want to be pressured to go to the doctors.

I wish they would just go away :weep:

Just read your post hun u are having same problem as me I've had my headache 8 weeks constant it's driving me insane making me worry its something life threatening
Even tho I've had a scan. What does your headache feel like mine has been all over head it's sometimes is throbbing and pulsating. If u wanna chat pm me

everlasting
12-06-16, 21:56
Hi everlasting.

Im sorry to hear your suffering with this.
To me it sounds like it could be sinus related maybe?
When sinus's get infected it can build pressure and can cause the pressure to give you headaches.

It can get worse when bending over or sudden movements (such as sneezing)
and is worse in mornings. Mainly down to the fact the way your body has layed for hours when sleeping.
It can also affect your balance.

You didnt say where on your head the pain is, but if its more towards the front and face it could be sinus problems.

If its the sides of the head, could be tension headaches caused by stress.

Im no doctor but these are just some thoughts i have.
It going to be nothing to worry about and will go away with the right treatment.

i know its terrifying not knowing and also visitng the doctor. But they really are the best people to ask, they will help you and put you at ease.

good luck and get better soon x

Hiya Coco, my headache is at the side of my head, maybe towards the back too. I did think it could be a sinus headache, but I'm not sure. I don't have any other symptoms (other than a painful ear) sometimes it feels like my head is burning.

I know a Doctor would be the best thing, I'm just so scared.

I was the same way when I had gallbladder problems. I was sure it was my heart and was scared to go to the doctor. Finally I gave up and went and it was a simple procedure and I was kicking myself for waiting so long with the pain. It's scary, but the quicker you get seen and treated the better off you'll be. It may just be a sinus infection and need a course of antibiotics, but better to know than live in fear. And please tell your family so they can help you! It was a big relief when I finally told my mom about my anxiety.

It's so nice to hear that you managed to get the courage to get help x I seriously need to do this for myself. I just find it so hard. Well done for telling your family, that can't have been easy x

You need to see a doctor. Just do it.

So much easier said than done :weep:

Just read your post hun u are having same problem as me I've had my headache 8 weeks constant it's driving me insane making me worry its something life threatening
Even tho I've had a scan. What does your headache feel like mine has been all over head it's sometimes is throbbing and pulsating. If u wanna chat pm me

I've Pm'ed you x

AnxiousUK
13-06-16, 10:53
Go to a doctor, you're in the UK, you aren't paying for it, just go.

Josh1234
13-06-16, 19:21
your symptoms are your symptoms, whether you see a doctor or not. if you have a brain tumor, you have a brain tumor, no matter whether you see a doctor or not. if you DO have a brain tumor, better to find it before its too late. what is the point in NOT seeing a doctor?