PDA

View Full Version : Sudden indigestion

Mrschurchill
12-06-16, 08:26
Last night for my dinner I had a cooked breakfast (just really fancied sausages, tattie scones etc) about an hour after eating I got a really sudden feeling of indigestion. It was so painful, even in my upper back. I've never had any pain like it it was awful!
I took some gaviscon and was in bed for about 9:30pm. Woke around an hour later with more pain and feeling sick so took a rennie. Didn't do much but I managed to fall back asleep.
Around 1am I had to rush to the toilet where it was really loose. Had the same this morning around 7am. Now I feel like I've been slammed in the back with a hammer! Like it's extremely bruised. My whole upper chest and back is in agony!
I've never had this before, it's brutal! Not gonna google but know myself this isn't right!

allytally
12-06-16, 08:29
If you start throwing up go to the ER, could be food poisoning but hopefully not. feel better:hugs:

Mrschurchill
12-06-16, 08:39
I don't think it's food poisoning, definitely felt more like indigestion. It's horrible!

Mrschurchill
12-06-16, 21:21
So haven't really eaten all day. Had steak pie and potatoes for my dinner and again my upper stomach is in pain! Not my upper back this time though. I don't know what's going on with my body :-(

Beckybecks
12-06-16, 21:53
Avoid fatty food. A big no-no with indigestion. Especially pastry. Eat plain food with no sauces or butter. You need to give your stomach a rest

Mrschurchill
13-06-16, 17:32
To be honest, I fried most of the food so yeah really high in fat and grease! Never had that reaction before though!

Beckybecks
13-06-16, 17:38
That's anxiety induced IBS for you. One minute you're able to eat quantities of junk food and the next you're living on rice and water....:).
Btw rice and bananas go down well when you're scared to eat anything else

Mrschurchill
13-06-16, 20:32
I didn't know IBS could cause indigestion. Thought it only after bowel movements? My HA is sky high always so I suppose it makes sense! X

Beckybecks
13-06-16, 21:34
Yes, I get all kinds of symptoms from acid to wind, pain and spasms. When it happens I get medication for the acid and something for the wind and I eat really boring food. It's the anxiety that triggers it every time.