PDA

View Full Version : Terrified!

Kirbear4
12-06-16, 15:12
I am having my smear test at the end of the month and I am getting more and more frightened as the date is getting closer!

I have had abnormal cells removed previously but every smear since has been normal with the exception of my latest one 3 years ago (I had high level of HPV) however, I had a colposcopy but got the all clear (no biopsy taken) - however, she did see something and motioned to another lady with her that 'they are squamous aren't they' and the other lady said 'yep, I'd say so'. The lady doing the procedure said 'all good then'!

Now I darent Google squamous to see what it means because I'm sure it bring bring up the very word I am scared of. I have done well not to over 3 years.

I had a bit of a scare a couple of months ago as I had brown discharge between periods but swabs clear and nurse said cervix looks fine. Sorted pill out and everything seems to have returned to normal.

However, I am so scared that the 'squamous' might have been something but they wasn't sure. It has been 3 years since smear so something will be there now! I can't stop worrying about it! x

Katie55
12-06-16, 17:15
Hi Kirbear

Here's the dictionary definition of a squamous cell. It's just the name for the usual surface cells.

Squamous epithelial cell

In*anatomy,*squamous*epithelium*(squama-*+*-ous) is that surface whose outermost (apical) layer consists of thin, flatcells*called*squamous epithelial cells.*

I hope this puts your mind at rest.

Kirbear4
12-06-16, 18:42
Thank you! Although now I'm wondering what she saw wasn't squamous! Haha the joys of HA! Thank you again really appreciated x