PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

chadder79
12-06-16, 16:13
Hi, my name is Chad - I'm new to the forum so just giving a brief introduction.

I've struggled with anxiety and panic for the last 4 years of my life. First panic attack was in 2011 - I went running to the ER because I didn't know what was hitting me. Since then, they have been on and off, mainly when driving...so I know I show some signs of agoraphobia.

Tomorrow, I have to take a business trip by highway to a location 4 and a half hours away, so I am absolutely dreading it right now. I'm also riding with 3 other co-workers that I don't really know that well (fairly new to the company), so there is a high fear of having a panic attack while we are en-route to our destination and not being able to "escape" the situation once that happens since others will likely be driving. Have considered driving myself, just so that I could pull over and come up with a plan B if needed. Also, considering e-mailing my boss and telling him about my condition and asking to join via webinar instead....but, with a fear that may get me fired. Not sure what to do...lots of thoughts racing today in anticipation of tomorrow morning's trip.

venusbluejeans
12-06-16, 16:19
Hiya chadder79 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

spanishbasqueheart
13-06-16, 01:54
Hello and welcome to NMP xx