PDA

View Full Version : Meningitis Fear

JayHops93
12-06-16, 22:21
Hey guys, feel a little bit silly posting this but I could definitely do with some reassurance. I just drank tea from what I thought was a clean mug, however when I got to the bottom of it I realised that it was clearly dirty and I'd forgotten to wash it properly (idiot!). I didn't think much of it, until I sat back down and read the news of a friend of a friend dying from meningitis on facebook. Now I've got myself in a big panic that i've got meningitis from drinking from the dirty mug!

While I haven't had any symptoms yet, I started reading up on meningitis (double idiot!) and learnt that the symptoms may not appear straight away, as there can be a week incubation period for the bacteria to take effect.

I'm really worried that all week now i'm going to be obsessing over whether I have meningitis or not! Can someone knock some sense into me? Would the boiling water from the tea have killed any potential bacteria in the mug?

Thanks.

Fishmanpa
12-06-16, 22:27
Uh no.... just no....

Positive thoughts

little.miss.worry
12-06-16, 22:48
I'd honestly say that's pretty impossible.. honestly. :)

JayHops93
12-06-16, 22:55
Uh no.... just no....

Positive thoughts

I'd honestly say that's pretty impossible.. honestly. :)

Yeah seems about right, bloody health anxiety eh? Thanks!

little.miss.worry
12-06-16, 23:11
Yeah seems about right, bloody health anxiety eh? Thanks!

Yeah don't worry, you'll probably think back and laugh, I remember once, I was using a sharpie pen, accidently dropped it on my leg.. my first though? Ink poisoning. I freaked out about it all night. And thinking back it's like oh my god, why on earth would I think such a thing! :roflmao: so we've all been there! :)

ServerError
13-06-16, 00:07
Yeah don't worry, you'll probably think back and laugh, I remember once, I was using a sharpie pen, accidently dropped it on my leg.. my first though? Ink poisoning. I freaked out about it all night. And thinking back it's like oh my god, why on earth would I think such a thing! :roflmao: so we've all been there! :)

I suggest therapy for your health inkxiety.

little.miss.worry
13-06-16, 00:23

funny.. :)

JayHops93
13-06-16, 00:23

Ba Dum Tss