PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety

dale12345
13-06-16, 03:28
Does anyone else have health anxiety that moves to different body parts. I mean first I thought I had breast cancer than lung cancer, and etc. Since I was 20 I have thought I have had, AIDS, bladder cancer, brain cancer, MS. The doctor will give a clean bill of health for one thing I think I have and I just move onto another. It is exhausting.

Fishmanpa
13-06-16, 05:08
Does anyone else have health anxiety that moves to different body parts. I mean first I thought I had breast cancer than lung cancer, and etc. Since I was 20 I have thought I have had, AIDS, bladder cancer, brain cancer, MS. The doctor will give a clean bill of health for one thing I think I have and I just move onto another. It is exhausting.

You and pretty much the majority of people posting here. Just take a read of the post histories. Some have a few special illnesses or one or two they fixate on and some move from one to another sometimes several in a day. I can't imagine how mentally exhausting it must be :( The key IMO, is to get professional help in the form of therapy (CBT, one on one etc.) and meds if needed.

Positive thoughts

J-P
13-06-16, 05:08

Yes constantly, I even have more than one at a time. Worse is worrying about family and pets (dog in my case) just as much as your own health.

dale12345
13-06-16, 05:31
Yeah I worry about my daughter's health too.

dale12345
13-06-16, 22:47
It's just so frustrated thinking every ache and pain is cancer, or some deadly disease.

kiiing
13-06-16, 23:02
It's just so frustrated thinking every ache and pain is cancer, or some deadly disease.

anxiety can invade every little nook and cranny of your body

i too had thoughts every little pain was something until i had a almost every test known to man done and everything either came back normal or negative

it wasnt until i had proof on paper that nothing was wrong with me
that i didnt dwell on those pains anymore and when i did feel something i basically just :shrug: it off....after that those mysterious pains and everything i felt physically started to go away

question: when you are entertained or distracted by something:work, friends, family, hobby etc
do you still feel the same?

damianjmcgrath
13-06-16, 23:15
Can I ask.....did basically ignoring it actually help you recover? The reason I ask is because presumably the reason for the anxiety was still there.

kiiing
13-06-16, 23:21
Can I ask.....did basically ignoring it actually help you recover? The reason I ask is because presumably the reason for the anxiety was still there.

i understood and came to a realization that these mysterious pains and feelings weren't gonna hurt me

so yes in a sense yes i ignored them that and i told myself....it's anxiety it's nothing new

not saying i recovered over night but again i started to feel less and less of these mysterious pains and sensations over time
i still feel them to this day but i easily write them off as anxiety related and carry on with my day and 100% of the time those feelings go away

damianjmcgrath
13-06-16, 23:37
I feel like I can do that with some of my aches and pains but the symptoms like breathlessness, dizziness or sudden tiredness are very difficult to ignore.

kiiing
14-06-16, 00:05
I feel like I can do that with some of my aches and pains but the symptoms like breathlessness, dizziness or sudden tiredness are very difficult to ignore.

anxiety can physically drain you, i randomly take naps during the day now when i never took any before

i too have breathlessness and dizziness but its due to my hyperventilation
ive been doing breathing exercises and it helps, not 100% but does help with the physical symptoms
i tend to yawn a lot and feel a constant urge to take a deep breath

when i let the yawning consume me or i start trying to take deep breaths my issues become worse
when i "chill out" and slow down my breathing i feel fine

conan
14-06-16, 01:15
yep in the last 9 months i've had skin cancer twice and currently brain cancer, my wife's had breast cancer, ovarian cancer and stomach cancer, and my daughter's also had skin cancer. (none of us have had any cancer)

Noivous
14-06-16, 03:07
Hi - Yes when my HA was at it's peak I ran the gamut on illnesses. Got everything from blood work to CT scans to colonoscopies...my doctor thanked me for his new Caddy - really!

I learned to ignore it over time. Once in awhile it tries to rear its ugly head but I beat back the beast. You sound like a very busy person. You're probably under a pretty intense load. And that can lead to stress which can lead to anxiety and HA. Yours may wane over time also. It often does. Rest and good diet and lifestyle are important. Counselling too if necessary. Medications as a last resort in my opinion.

N.

dale12345
14-06-16, 03:48
No I don't feel sick when I am busy, It helps to have things to do. It still just amazes me how much physical symptoms anxiety can cause. Some times I worry like crazy about my daughter's health, and she is a perfectly healthy 9 yearold, just has some allergies

:scared15: