PDA

View Full Version : Pulse stronger on one side.

assortedjellies
13-06-16, 07:39
This is so weird... O: And im unsure if its just all in my head

but recently Ive felt like my Left side of the pulse in my throat (carotid) is stronger then my Right side.

I dont know if its just he angle Im touching it... I just swear it's stronger than my Right.

I havent been able to find any info about this? Ive found something about the OPPOSITE. Some people were complaining of a heavy pulse on the right side which is apparently normal?

ANyone else... have this...?

I have been touching my left side more than right side quite a LOT over the past month from my anxiety. Has touching it caused it to be...uh... closer to eh surface of my skin? I have no idea lol

Scroke
14-06-16, 10:25
I was just looking this up the other day, I have the same thing! I hope its nothing serious and you're not alone. Im very relieved to find this post haha

assortedjellies
15-06-16, 01:34
I was just looking this up the other day, I have the same thing! I hope its nothing serious and you're not alone. Im very relieved to find this post haha

Good to know someone else has this... I dont know if Ive always been this way, but i only just recently noticed because of an anxiety attack i had a month ago. Ive gotten thru my anxiety now but ... i swear its easier to feel my pulse on my left carotid.

If you go to the doctor to get it checked Id love to hear the outcome...? I spoke to someone else on here who has the same thing but thinks its fine and normal.

but whenever i google search it - the opposite comes up! People usually have stronger pulse on the right apparently...?

Streamflash
20-06-16, 21:42
Hi!

This actually worried me a few weeks ago too. My pulse is stronger on my left side just like yours. But there's nothing to be worried about! Sometimes the depth of the artery varies from person to person. I talked to a doctor about it and he confirmed that was the case. My left carotid is closer to the surface than my right, but there's nothing abnormal about that. Just the way our bodies were made :). Try not to worry if you can, it's completely safe. And speaking from personal experience, obsessively checking your pulse strength will lead to some bruises or tenderness along your neck, which sucks.