PDA

View Full Version : Had another panic attack - Help Please

sunflower7
13-06-16, 18:40
I posted the other day about having a panic attack and worrying it was seizure. Well when I was driving to my hospital app today it happened again. My left arm felt weak then I felt anxious and kept going in a daze for a few seconds but I also had a feeling of my stomach rising and a lump in my throat. I'm terrified it was a seizure as the symptoms were similar to the one I had on Sat. The rising stomach thing has scared me as it seems to be linked to simple partial seizures and not panic attacks. Please can anyone tell me if they've had that feeling before and also if there panic attack symptoms have changed? My heart was beating so fast after as I was waiting for my app plus I'm still feeling strange/detached.

Phuzella
13-06-16, 19:37
Did you tell them how you felt, at the hospital?

sunflower7
13-06-16, 20:07
Yes I told the nurse who I was seeing but she didnt really say anything. She knows I've been anxious. Does it sound like a panic attack do you think?

Victory2016
13-06-16, 20:12
Are you going to be seeing a doctor why you are there?

Phuzella
13-06-16, 20:54
It could be a panic attack. Has it happened before?

Victory2016
13-06-16, 21:33
It was probably a panic attack I use to have panic attacks when I went to the doctors or hospital as I was so nervous.

sunflower7
13-06-16, 21:45
I was really anxious as I felt awful last time I was there with my anxiety.

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 21:42 ----------

Ive been getting panic attacks for a little while but the last two have been a bit different. I always feel drained/strange after I've had them all.

Victory2016
13-06-16, 21:51
Yes having anxiety and panic attacks are draining for sure!! That is normal. They probably just feel different because you are on the cit now. Do they feel more or less intense since you been on cit

sunflower7
14-06-16, 07:26
They just feel different like the last two kind of followed the same pattern. As I was in bed last night I got the feeling in my stomach again and weak feeling in my left arm but I kept talking as I was scared. The last 3 times I've felt these feelings I've been so scared to prove to myself it's not a seizure maybe it's making them worse? Twice in the last couple of days I've thought my Husband has been talking to me when he's not but I can't remember the last night I had a full nights sleep so tiredness may be part of it. Now I'm panicking I've got a brain tumour. It's awful worrying about all these symptoms. ��

Shazamataz
14-06-16, 09:29
It sounds like anxiety to me. Maybe not a full blown attack but bad anxiety. In my experience panic/anxiety symptoms can change.

sunflower7
14-06-16, 10:23
Thank you also for your help.

Carnation
14-06-16, 13:22
Sunflower, I have had those feelings many times and associate it with a panic attack. x

---------- Post added at 13:22 ---------- Previous post was at 13:20 ----------

Can I also suggest some nostril breathing exercises. Much easier than through the nose and mouth. And they help! x

sunflower7
14-06-16, 14:06
Thanks so much, I've got myself in a pickle now convinced I'm having seizures. I've had a couple of these similar episodes once about 3 years ago then once again about 18 months ago and both times I was pretty stressed out. Im so scared as thought I had beaten these 'panic' attacks and now I'm still getting them it's fueling my anxiety. X