PDA

View Full Version : Crunching neck getting worse! :(

gm1992
13-06-16, 20:14
Hi all,

I'm new here, I've always suffered from pretty bad anxiety, but now I have a health concern which is pushing me over the edge and I'm in a constant state of panic and feel so hopeless.

Every time I turn my head to the left it makes a crackling/crunching noise. I know pops are normal and stuff, but this is different, a noise I've never heard before. It's been getting worse over the last few weeks and it's really scaring me. I have a lot of tension in my upper back/shoulders too and I get pain in this area and my neck.

Has anyone else had this before? And how long have you had it? Has it got worse?

I'm so scared of neck arthritis (cervical spondylosis) - I'm only 23 after all! :(

I work on a computer all day which probably doesn't help :( had an xray which showed no arthritis just a straight neck (no curve) - but this was from a chiropractor and I don't trust them :(

Any help is much appreciated.

Fishmanpa
13-06-16, 20:26
I have this bad but mine is due to cancer treatment and age ;) It sounds like I'm crinkling paper ~lol~

You're hyper-focusing on this which in turn is increasing your anxiety and stress. Stress and muscle tension can and does do this as well. You might want to consider using a heating pad (they make a really cool heating pad neck wrap that's wonderful!) to reduce the strain and a massage isn't a bad idea either :)

Positive thoughts

gm1992
14-06-16, 19:22
I have this bad but mine is due to cancer treatment and age ;) It sounds like I'm crinkling paper ~lol~

You're hyper-focusing on this which in turn is increasing your anxiety and stress. Stress and muscle tension can and does do this as well. You might want to consider using a heating pad (they make a really cool heating pad neck wrap that's wonderful!) to reduce the strain and a massage isn't a bad idea either :)

Positive thoughts

thank you for getting back to me! IT's getting worse every day :( SO scared about the future

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

Does anyone else experience crunching in their neck? :(

kiiing
14-06-16, 19:28
thank you for getting back to me! IT's getting worse every day :( SO scared about the future

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

Does anyone else experience crunching in their neck? :(

i do as well
i was told by my doc is was due to the muscle tension

gm1992
14-06-16, 19:41
i do as well
i was told by my doc is was due to the muscle tension

Thank you for the response, if you don't mind me asking, what is your age, hwo long have you had it, and has it got worse?

Many thanks for your help

gm1992
16-06-16, 18:55
My neck is still getting worse and worse, crunching louder and louder. Anyone else? :(

Fishmanpa
16-06-16, 19:15
Reassurance is a quick fix at best and you've already gotten the best reassurance you can get from your doctor :) Your doctor told you it was muscle tension and you have affirmation that what your doctor is saying is spot on.

Positive thoughts

gm1992
16-06-16, 20:01
But I've been to see the physio who said my muscle tension is much better now, almost gone, yet the crunching is still getting worse and worse? :(

I don't trust a lot of doctors either, they are often quick to push things away.