PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel like you get more anxiety browsing this site

Victory2016
13-06-16, 20:20
I think this is a great site for support, but do some of you feel like you get more anxiety from being on here? I kind of feel like I am addicted to this site right now. Maybe that will go away when I start feeling better.

Jenwales
13-06-16, 22:05
Whenever I had bad anxiety I'd have a habit of searching for a solution all the time, whether that was coming on here or seaching online. When I felt better I didn't need to but now and again when I find it tough I do come back on here.
But searching for solutions doesn't help, I know I need to stick to my mindfulness and just get on with my life as looking for solutions doesn't help me when I know there is no miracle cure.
Thinking about anxiety may make you more anxious, I don't know whether this site has helped me and sometimes I feel bad about ranting on here. Maybe telling people how you feel helps but I do feel that there are more people on here looking for help than offering it. But every is different and everyone needs to find their own way to feel better I think.

Shazamataz
13-06-16, 22:05
Yes, I sometimes do if I read something that hits a trigger. I also get a bit anxious when I read about people not getting better as I guess that is a fear for all of us?

venusbluejeans
14-06-16, 00:26
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Lisah34
16-06-16, 12:42
I can understand what youre saying. The chat room helps massively everyone is so lovely and its not just convos reguarding anxiety or problems its just general chat most of the time. But i can get that reading and thinking about anxiety constantly can make it worse. I do take breaks from the site and very rarely use the forum. Take the positives from this site not negitives, we are all in the same position and here for each other

Fishmanpa
16-06-16, 13:18
Just a look at the symptoms or HA forum proves this to be true with many people. You'll see trends start. Someone will talk about nodes or ____ cancer (remember the ebola scare?) and then several threads appear. The triggers are already there and all it takes is for one person to pull the trigger. The bullet that's fired touches many.

Positive thoughts

glassgirlw
17-06-16, 03:30
When I was in the height of my panic attacks about 7 months ago i was on this site daily. It kept me from googling my symptoms. Did it make me focus more on my anxiety?? Absolutely. But, I was also working on breathing techniques, and journaling, and other CBT techniques. Now I only pop in here every now and then and offer advice and help where I can. So if you keep working at it you will get there!!