PDA

View Full Version : MRI scan for heart in an open scanner

xrsteve2003
13-06-16, 22:26
Does anybody know where I could get an open scanner MRI test done to cover the heart? I'm very claustrophobic for the ordinary one.
Thanks
Stephen

Buster70
14-06-16, 13:11
Hi , have you been diagnosed with a heart problem ? I've recently had an ecg come up with some unusual readings didn't really understand the results but I had to go for an ultra sound that's what pregnant woman have to see baby they put jelly on you and press the ultra sound thing on different areas , I also had the Mri earlier this year for disc problems in my back admittedly it is quite small and I did get in a state in there but I took a diazepam before hand and you have a queezy button in your hand so if you panic you just queez and they stop and get you out ,you won't be in there long for just the top half , hope this is of some help , take care .

xrsteve2003
14-06-16, 17:46
For the heart you are in there 45 minutes. I had it last year but the scanner was a very tight one. That's why I'm looking for an open or wider one. Does anybody know a hospital that has one?
Thanks
Stephen

Fishmanpa
14-06-16, 19:01
Do you have heart issues that require a yearly MRI? I'm asking because I have heart disease (angina), had two heart attacks, a triple bypass and stents and I've had an echo, a nuclear stress test and an MRI in the last 9 years. I go every 6 months to my cardiologist for a EKG and general check up as well as my GP. Bloods are done every 6 months as well to keep an eye on things. Other than that? Eat right, no smoking and no alcohol (sans one beer with a meal once in a great while). '

Positive thoughts

xrsteve2003
14-06-16, 22:07
I'm very breathless. Last year's scan showed slight thickening of a heart muscle. Think it's going to be yearly as they can't find anything else wrong with me apart from over weight!!

Elen
14-06-16, 22:43
If you are over weight you will be breathless.

Is it your doctor recommending this yearly or is it something you want.

If you are worried about your heart the best thing you can do is try and do something about your weight.

xrsteve2003
15-06-16, 18:27
Yes it's the doctor but maybe a strict diet is the way to go . Anything but that scanner :(