PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain all day...

UserName20
14-06-16, 06:07
Hey! This is my first post on this site, I'm looking forward to seeing more posts!:) Basically I'm a female and I'm 16. My extreme health anxiety began last summer and it's been tormenting me ever since. This time it's the most scared I've ever been. It started last night, I got this bit of pain in the left side of my chest where my heart is. Of course I began obsessing over that spot. After reading horrible stories on google I was afraid and when I was finally able to sleep a bit I woke up this morning and it didn't really hurt except for when I breathed very deeply in. I instantly thought I should go to the ER, I was shaking uncontrollably and couldn't stop I was so terrified. Well, throughout the day when I'm distracted I actually don't really feel the pain or pressure but it comes back and then I get panicked again. I told my parents my fears, they told me it was indigestion. I have been burping/hiccuping a lot today but of course my mind is telling me this is a heart attack, heart failure, or something else horrible. I have such a fear of Doctors, I know they would run tests and confirm my worst fears. The pain isn't severe at all, it's just a slight twinge of pain and other than that it's just a bit of pressure. I thought I was doing good because most of the day today I didn't feel much but now it's night when everybody is sleeping and I feel it back again, I'm so terrified. Can anyone help calm me down a bit? I know this is most likely indigestion fueled majorly by my anxiety, but I just can't get these tormenting thoughts out of my head no matter how hard I try.

J-P
14-06-16, 06:27
Your parents are right, that kind of pain on the left side is often related to the digestive system. Your symptoms are not preoccupying, you could try a 2 week course of OTC Zantac to see if it helps with your indigestion.