PDA

View Full Version : whats your hair like ?

mirry
15-03-07, 16:32
woke up to a bad hair day,
So I took the sizzors to my hair and cut it myself
(which i have been doing for 5 years now) and am doing an "ok" job at it.

I try to avoid hairdressers due to the anxiety and it saves money.

My hair type , is brown hair that is going grey :blush: , it also has a tendancy to frizz, especially if it gets wet or damp

I have been using herbatint hair dye for the past year and it really makes my hair feel soft and shiny,and covers all grey :yesyes: so today I decided to go a shade lighter:shades: .

I was using dark blond (which comes out medium brown on me) so today I used the blond dye :ohmy: well my hair doesnt look blond it looks a lighter brown, which is what i thought would happen.
I have brown eyes so cant go too light.

But generally im pleased with the out come.

My sister in law is a hair dresser and says do the final rince in cold water to make it shine more.

debbsi
15-03-07, 18:44
Hi
Is the hair dye you use permanent? I have brown hair with a few greys too and dont like using permanent cos of that line it leaves when growing out, but i find the semi-permanent doesnt cover the greys too well.

mirry
15-03-07, 19:39
hi Debs, yes its permanent but if you go lighter then it wont leave such an obvious line. it covers the grey better than any other product ive ever tried.
Also it has less chemicals which is good. You can go 2 / 3 shades lighter than your natural colour which is great.

I have also been using a new product from super drugs called Dream hair which makes my hair smooth and shiney, it very good stuff. I feel at last I have found products that help my hair.... and it needed it.

Slothette
15-03-07, 20:06
Hi Mirry

I think my hairs awful. It's grown really long because I hate going to the hairdressers like you because of panic/anx......I'm starting to look like Cousin It from the Adams Family!!

I can just about manage to sit in the hairdressers chair to get my fringe cut but even that brings me out into a cold sweat and all the usual panic symptoms. It's that trapped feeling I can't stand:mad:

A friend came to the house to put foils in and give it a trim but to be honest she's not really qualified and she didn't do too good a job and I'd probabaly make a worse mess of it if I did it myself lol.

My mate got a phone number off his works notice board of a lady who's a mobile hairdresser so I'm thinking of giving her a try. I'm a bit nervous about using her as I don't know if she'll do a good job. I don't know anyone who could recommend someone either. Maybe I'll just have to take a chance and see. I could aways come to you Mirry as you seem like a bit of an expert....if you see Cousin It standing on your doorstep, you'll know it's me coming for a haircut!!!....lol

Take care

Lexxie xxx

Jaco45er
15-03-07, 20:09
I refuse to join in on such a girly convo, anyone see the game last night? ;)

trac67
15-03-07, 21:01
Jaco,

Ahh see you actually need to have hair to be able to join in the thread babes lol

Love

Trac xxx

mirry
16-03-07, 07:43
lol Trac, that was funny.....Jaco we can talk footie if you like ?

Lets talk about David Beckhams hair cut ,lol.

Lexxie, Im no expert but found myself watching how hairdressers cut hair, then I got a book off amazon to teach myself the Basics. Its really really easy, I just get my hubby to cut the back line in a bob shape, then I cut the sides and layer it all, dont think I will ever go into a hairdressers again (phew). I also cut my hubbys hair with the clippers and cut my daughters hair too. Id love to have a go at someone elses hair, pop round lol.