PDA

View Full Version : Panicking about housemate's stomach bug

Fay13
14-06-16, 10:27
So, I'm really panicking about catching a stomach bug my housemate has. I went home for lunch yesterday and she was there, and she told me she'd thrown up that morning. I used the bathroom after her without knowing she'd vomited in there. After she told me, my OCD, which is not as bad as my anxiety, has got much worse - I've barely touched anything in the house since apart from in my room, been opening doors with a cloth, turning taps with my elbow, opening kitchen cupboards by pulling the bottom of the door rather than touching the handle as she was sitting downstairs all of yesterday. I just wish I'd known yesterday that she'd thrown up before I used the bathroom, obviously I wash my hands etc but I feel like its still likely there were bugs from her all over that room (she didn't make a mess or anything, but its still in my mind). Now every slight twinge in my stomach is making me panic, which is making me more nauseated which makes me panic more etc etc. I've got a bad cold at the moment anyway, which makes me think that my immune system is weaker so I am definitely going to get sick. I feel like I'm just sitting at work just waiting for it to hit, googling incubation periods and symptoms and ways to stop it and how to kill germs on surfaces etc :( Mainly writing on here as an attempt to calm myself down.

Pearly queen
27-09-16, 11:40
Just curious if you did get the bug after your friend. My anxiety over Norovirus has subsided over the last few years but felt it creep back this morning when I was dropping my son to school and they said on the radio there was an outbreak of it where I live atm. I do find a spoonful of apple cider vinegar (proper organic type like Braggs) in some water helps with preventing and or treating stomach bugs. It literally disinfects the stomach. Or charcoal capsules also good.

Fay13
04-10-16, 14:49
No, I didn't actually! She was only sick the once and then was ok.

My other housemate threw up Sunday night (I have clearly moved in with vomit-y people!) and I freaked out, hardly had any sleep. But she thinks it was something she ate and has been ok since. I feel a bit nauseated today though so am panicking a little bit. Reassuring myself that it was almost certainly something she ate. It's annoying because I think I had been having a fairly good few weeks anxiety wise and even managed to not get overly concerned when my housemate's hangover made her sick. Feel like its always 1 step forwards and 2 back.