PDA

View Full Version : OMG!! I thought I was getting better and now my thoughts are scaring me!

LadyBug
15-03-07, 17:25
OK. I thought I was getting better, and then yesterday happened!! I was driving home and suddenly I had this thought..."What if i lose control and kill my mom or my husband or just a random person?" I totally freaked out and had a panic attack!!! Why would I be thinking these things? I would rather die than hurt someone, Especially someone that I love! I have been dealing with anxiety for two months now, and I have been on meds for 2 weeks, so they really haven't kicked in fully yet. Will the meds get rid of these thoughts?? I don't want to think these things!!!!!!!! Am i alone?? Has anyone else had these feelings??

honeybee
15-03-07, 17:40
think this prob stems back to the fear of losing control which is a pretty common fear among us. you have to remeber they are just thoughts. i've had them before but nothing will ever come of them. just try and reasure yourself its only ther anxiety talking and try not let it get on top of you. lotsa love

LadyBug
15-03-07, 17:45
THANK you honey!! I really needed some reassurance!! I love this site....it and its members are always here for me!

nomorepanic
15-03-07, 17:49
Hi there

Have a read of the Symptoms page on the left and look for ...

The Fears: going crazy, of dying, of impending doom, of normal things, unusual feelings and emotions, unusually frightening thoughts or feelings

That will help explain things.

Also under the Welcome forum there is a common posts links page - there are some in there about thoughts.

Happy reading

Piglet
15-03-07, 17:54
This so common and we all feel relief when we hear that so many others suffer the same thoughts too.

Bear in mind people who want to do evil acts don't worry about doing them first!!

Don't fight the thoughts just realise that they are a symptom of anxiety and nothing more and just like the other symptoms they will move on when we stop being scared of them. :)

Piglet :flowers:

Cindy
16-03-07, 12:55
Hi upatnight I agree with piglet.Those that want to do harm don't think it first.I am sure it will phase out just like other symptoms
I hope you feel better soon
all my love
lots of hugs and kisses