PDA

View Full Version : Less frequent toilet movements?

phil06
14-06-16, 12:42
Anybody had this problem before? I use to go daily now I've been two days without going and I'm anxious and I googled how long you can go without going and it's weeks. I took a laxative last time after a few days of constipation. What's causing this? Now i don't feel I need atall? :blush:

J-P
14-06-16, 15:54
Two days is nothing to write home about, when I was in my teens I'd go once every few days easily. Now with IBS they're too many to count.

phil06
14-06-16, 16:30
Two days is nothing to write home about, when I was in my teens I'd go once every few days easily. Now with IBS they're too many to count.

Thanks I use to go every day with my diet being poor but after a breakdown I've started missing 2 days or 3 and had constipation seems to have changed that's my worry :blush:

kiiing
14-06-16, 17:31
i can easily go a couple of days without going
then they're times i can go a few times a day

i talked to my gastro doc and he said it was nothing to worry about
unless i have stomach pain which i dont
if you do have pains i would recommend seeing a gastro doc

anxiety can easily screw up your bowel movements

pulisa
14-06-16, 18:07
Meds can also cause constipation, Phil especially if you've been prescribed them recently

phil06
14-06-16, 19:22
Meds can also cause constipation, Phil especially if you've been prescribed them recently

Yes I've had Propranaolol and respiredol not sure if the side effects include constipation but had more since I've been on them. I was use to going to the toilet every day as I had a poor diet. Should I take a laxative tonight or wait it out it's been day 3?

pulisa
14-06-16, 19:51
Something like lactulose may help-you can buy it over the counter. I wouldn't panic too much though-give it another 24 hours? It's almost certainly the risperidone.

phil06
14-06-16, 19:56
Something like lactulose may help-you can buy it over the counter. I wouldn't panic too much though-give it another 24 hours? It's almost certainly the risperidone.

Yes I googled the symptoms never noticed constipation but on a high 3mg dose so maybe that's why? I'm only on meds for a few months I think.

I worried it was my anxiety but I'm not that worried just a little as I'm due to go back to work after being off on the sick.

Will things go back to normal after I come off the meds?

pulisa
14-06-16, 20:36
If you didn't have any bowel problems before starting risperidone then things should go back to normal once you are off the med. A lot of anti depressants/psych drugs cause constipation but if the drug helps you then it's a small price to pay. I'd speak to your doctor if over the counter laxatives don't help-avoid senna (dulcolax/senakot) products as they can be quite strong and you shouldn't use them regularly.

phil06
20-06-16, 11:08
I'm getting days where I don't go for about 2-3 days again after going 3 days in a row. Can the tablets be causing it still? My diet is just the same just for some reason I have days now where I don't need?

phil06
18-07-16, 21:36
I notice I seem to go to the toilet once then wait about 2-3 often 3 days then go then another 3 days why would my habits have changed this much? I use to go daily? Anybody help? :blush:

phil06
19-07-16, 11:26
Anybody? It's surely not good if I can't go? :ohmy::blush:

Jordan85
19-07-16, 13:42
I reckon I probably go a good 2-3 days between movements normally and never thought anything of it. Some weeks I'll go daily, the next week maybe a couple of times a week. It really depends on what I've been eating and what your body needs out of that food for fuel I guess.

The current UK heatwave is probably causing our bodies to need a lot more of that fuel so we'd be less likely to go I think.

What is your diet like? Do you eat much unhealthy stuff? Something that you could try although I'd probably not recommend it is eating a bit of junk food for half a day (i.e chocolate and a takeaway dinner) and see what your body makes of that. It might just say "nope, get out of here, I've been enjoying the good stuff!" and then you'll have a movement and can relax - but yeah, I'm not an expert, someone might have a better plan than "eat junk food and see if that makes a difference". :)

Appa Yip Yip
20-07-16, 01:06
Try taking a probiotic, that might help a lot. Jarrow Ideal Bowel Support is a great one for constipation and general well-being. You can get it on Amazon.

---------- Post added at 20:06 ---------- Previous post was at 20:05 ----------

Oh also, do you drink coffee? If not, try that first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. That keeps me suuuper regular, haha.

phil06
14-08-16, 10:32
I've not been in 5 days anybody know what's causing this?

Mercime
14-08-16, 13:04
No, it's not our bowels! As everybody has said Phil, it's not in the slightest bit uncommon. If you are very concerned make an appt with your gp, but it isn't really necessary.

What is your diet like? Lots of fruit and veg, plenty of water? These are the things that will help, if you aren't eating much of them already?

pulisa
14-08-16, 19:37
The risperidone will be a major factor in this

phil06
14-08-16, 19:44
The risperidone will be a major factor in this

Yes it seems to be causing a few issues I wonder if my back pain is also related to this? I don't eat much fruit and veg so maybe this isn't helping my Bowels. I went today but only a small amount it took 5 days :ohmy:

pulisa
14-08-16, 19:52
You may need a laxative to take alongside the risperidone-if you don't eat much fibre anyway something like fybogel sachets could help get things moving. You can just buy them over the counter but make sure you increase your fluid intake if you decide to give them a go.

There are other types of laxative if fybogel doesn't do the trick