PDA

View Full Version : Ongoing neck/throat problems

Pigeon
14-06-16, 15:22
Since late last year I've been having problems with my neck and throat. It started out like globus symptoms and painful, tight neck muscles. I was clearing my throat a lot and started to get worried about throat cancer so I went to see my GP. He gave me some omerpazole to stop any reflux and referred my to an osteopath.

But the multitude of unpleasant symptoms just won't go. They are

Cramp feeling in tongue/back of nose/hard palate
Stuffy nose/sinuses
Hoarse voice with need to keep clearing
Intermittent but mild headache
Tired , clicky jaw
Crackling in back of neck
Tinnitus

I keep telling myself that the throat/neck muscle tension plus poor posture, jaw clenching is causing all this but the thing that worries me most is my voice. It gets hoarse on and of throughout the day and this has been happening for so long can't get it out of my head that it's caused by throat cancer.

Can anyone offer any reassurance before I lose the plot (again)?

damianjmcgrath
14-06-16, 16:40
I can't help except to say I'm similar at the moment, posted something similar recently, and I'm struggling to accept anxiety as the cause although it likely is.

How did you find the omeprazole? I've been prescribed that too but haven't started taking them as it doesn't really feel like reflux to me.

Pigeon
15-06-16, 15:47
THanks for replying.

I only took them for a month and didn't go back for repeat prescription as they didn't seem to make much difference.

When I'm feeling less hysterical, I think all this is connected with the neck/shoulder tension. Surely after 10 months of symptoms, I would know if it was anything sinister?

It's just that I've never heard of anyone's voice being affected in this way for this long.

I will take a look at your posts and we can compare notes!