PDA

View Full Version : being alone ?

kiiing
14-06-16, 18:54
i've had agoraphobia for around 2 years now
earlier this year little by little i was able to start getting out my house but if someone was with me
meaning if i go out and about, as long as someone is with me im fine

every time i attempt to go out on my own i freak out or just an un safe feeling rushes through my body

i also get anxious when im home alone for to long

anyone have good advice on what can help?

shea
07-07-16, 12:00
I don't have advice, but I do know exactly how you feel. I have a comfort zone that I can do if I am with someone, but couldn't do it alone. However, over the past few days I have been attempting exposure therapy, and trying it alone. Only little by little, and not to the point that I induce a panic attack.
These small baby steps actually work, I have been able to do more in the past three days, than I have done in several years. And although physically they are only small steps, mentally they are a giant leap for me.x

ana
10-07-16, 19:58
I know how you feel. I agree with Shea; it's all about baby steps, however frustrating this may seem at times. I've found that, when I'm having a really good week or month, I can go on solitary walks for an hour or so, and feel completely fine!
Other times, though, I can't go to the nearest shop without needing someone to go with me. I find that talking to someone on the phone helps, as I can focus on the conversation, and get out of my head a little.