PDA

View Full Version : Angus, an OCD, IBS and Health Anxiety sufferer going through Mirt withdrawal

aimlesswanderer
14-06-16, 20:44
Hi

I'm Angus, and I suffer from OCD, IBS and Health Anxiety.

I've had OCD for ten years, I'm a pretty textbook routine checker and have problems leaving my flat because the taps and gas might not be off, the door might not be locked or the lights might be on. I also have to obsessively check everything I write in texts and emails in case I've put something offensive or inappropriate in there that might jeopardise a friendship or job. I had CBT eight years ago and found it helpful, but am now on a 12 month waiting list to get seen again.

I was diagnosed with IBS three years ago and had a horrible initial three months, hardly able to eat a thing and alternating between C and D. Ever since I've been a bit paranoid and tentative at every meal and bowel movement.

Since developing IBS I have been increasingly aware of my health and every twinge of pain in my body triggers slight panic - chest pain equals heart attack though it's usually acid reflux, tummy pain equals appendicitis though it's usually just the IBS.

I've had a horrible past six weeks trying to get on to Mirtazapine and have suffered from debilitating lightheadedness which has made it hard to stand for any length of time (well, I think it's the Mirt that's to blame, when my Health Anxiety kicks in I fear the worst). I'm starting phased withdrawal and both my sleep and tummy have been adversely affected. I'm hoping to get back to work next week but I fear withdrawal could be a lengthy process, and of course there is worry that the lightheadedness might remain after the Mirt has gone in which case who knows what's up.

I've come across this website numerous times when Googling for reassurance/validation and it's always been a source of comfort so I thought I'd join up while I'm going through this tricky withdrawal.

Anyway it's nice to make your acquaintances.

venusbluejeans
14-06-16, 20:50
Hiya aimlesswanderer and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

aimlesswanderer
14-06-16, 22:44
Thanks Venus, there looks to be a lot of useful info so I'll have myself a wee read.

Angus