PDA

View Full Version : I'm disappointed

kate
05-10-04, 15:36
After my hypno sessions in July and August, I went back to work at the beginning of September and I truly was a different person.

I used to worry terribly before going to work in a morning, worry about driving the 20 miles to my parents house, worry about everything really.

All this had stopped after the hypno. I had confidence in myself and all that I was doing.

I knew, however, that I was not "cured" as there were still some things that I didn't want to still do ie going to pubs, strange places etc. But the improvements that I was experiencing were massive to me, considering how bad I had got.

HOWEVER, today I was woken at 6.30 am by my son telling me that water was leaking through the loft hatch, not rushing through just dripping, my NEW landing carpet was wet :(

Well, I went into complete panic, mouth went dry, couldn't speak, shaking, I couldn't believe how I overreacted.

Anyway, phoned plumber etc and he finally came and relaced a washer in the cold water thingamy something, dunno wasn't really listening!

So, that was that, and I finally arrived at work at 12 oclock, 3 hours late!

But, that isnt the end of it. We are having a new roof done on Saturday and the scaffolding is arriving tomorrow.

I am having such anxious thoughts about this b****y scaffolding. Basically I'm worrying someone will climb up it and break in [:I][:I]

How stupid is that? The thoughts have got totally out of all proportion again and i have been sitting here in tears and shaking.

I am just so disappointed and upset with things :(

Just needed a rant.

kate x

sal
05-10-04, 15:43
Hi Kate

Good to hear from you. Dont be so hard on yourself about getting all anxious this morning, sometimes it is the smallest things that can send us in to panic, then the rest of the day is spent worrying as you have got into the cycle of anxiety.

When you feel like that most things you think about become a problem and we overreact to how we normally would when we are in a calmer frame of mind.

I can understand your worries about the scaffolding but i am sure it will be fine.

Love Sal xxxxx

seh1980
05-10-04, 16:26
Hi Kate,

You are obviously just having one of those days!! Even the smallest thing can turn our worlds upside-down for a day or two. Don't let it get you down and try not to worry about it. You have done so well and seem to be coping so much better on the whole - I'm sure you will feel better in a day or two!! Take care.

Sarah :D

jo-jo
05-10-04, 19:43
Hi Kate

Hey, I'd go off on one as it were if water had leaked on to my new carpet (just got all of upstairs done on Saturday). In fact I think I'd have a double panic. All these things happening at once have triggered your panic switch but be patient, its just a blip and once the roof is fixed and the scaffolding down, you'll be able to get back to normal.

Stick with hun, you can do it :D

Best wishes, Jo x

Meg
05-10-04, 20:03
Hey Kate,

You did really well.

Anyone with water leaking in would get anxious about it.

You know your nervous system is so used to overreacting and your thoughts will have started to spiral in anticipation of what might this be and how bad could it be - that having the first trigger in several months it used it to its full potential - However you still dealt rationally with the situation , found a solution and still went to work .. How great was that ?????

Regarding the scaffolding - your issues have always been surrounding security, violation of personal safety so its not suprising that this is triggering you at this time. You can discuss your concerns withe the scaffolders and will be extra vigilant for those few days - get out your biggest pink cloud of protection and use that in your visualization.

As you know this is just a blip and will pass very quickly .

Love

Meg

nomorepanic
05-10-04, 20:22
Hiya Kate

Sorry to hear about the carpet but like Meg says you fixed it by calling a plumber and you still went to work feeling c**p.

As for the scaffolding, I doubt that anyone will climb up it as everyone knows how dangerous it can be.

If someone wants to break in your house, then it won't be made any easier with scaffolding trust me. They would have got in by now if they wanted to.

You will be fine and it will be down soon and the problem gone. Have you discussed these issues with hubbie?

Chin up mate and hope you feel a bit better this evening.

Nicola

kate
05-10-04, 22:11
Thanks everyone for the replies.

Hubby said I did well to cope but I panicked and only did what I had to do as no one else was here to do it.

The stupid scaffolding thing is really worrying me and I can't seem to rationalize it.

I've just got back from night school and I'm flippin' crying AGAIN [:I]

I think that I can cope better with every day life now but any change out of the ordinary still makes me throw a wobbler.

I just feel so very disappointed as I know that things happen out of the blue every day and I don't think I can yet deal with them :(

kate x

Meg
05-10-04, 22:18
Cry as much as you need to ...

Some people wouldn't have coped at all and you did !!

You are coping with life much better but remember its not been that long since you didn't cope with it and changes take time to anchor.

I bet there are things that have happened that you've coped with but this is security nad that always used to get you going so naturally you reacted stronger on this subject .

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

kate
05-10-04, 22:29
Yes, Meg, you are right, it is my security issues again coming back to haunt me! [:O]

Once the work is all underway I'm sure I will feel better again. Anticipatory anxiety again [:I]

kate x

sal
06-10-04, 05:49
Hi Kate

I hope you are feeling a bit brighter today hon. I think you are right in the anticipatory anxiety feeling.

I think you are doing really well at the moment, which is great and we all have our of days.

Take care.

Love Sal xxxxx

kate
06-10-04, 07:03
Hi all,

Thanks so much for all your messages.

I am feeling a bit calmer today.

Poor bunny isn't happy though, she has to stay in the conservatory today in case she escapes out of the back gate while they are putting up the scaffolding!

kate x

tara
06-10-04, 08:20
Hi Kate, what a right bum about the leak on your NEW carpet, i would have gone crazy!! About the scaffolding, I had it up on my house for a while, while they were redoing the outside of my house, and i'm really sure that everything will be fine for you. Please don't feel disapointed in yourself, you've had two things to deal with the leak and the scaffolding !!! Please try not to worry about it kate, hope things are looking a lillte better for you today hun...Take Care Tara xx

kate
06-10-04, 14:58
Hi Tara,

Thanks for the reply.

Poor bunny was locked in all day and the scaffold still hasn't arrived.

I was feeling fine about it today, had sorted the animals LOL and thought it would all be done when I got home.

Now I'm feeling crappy again and got a bit of a headache :(

Wish it was all just sorted and things could get back to "normal"????? ;)

Kate x

pips
06-10-04, 17:58
Hi Kate,

Sorry about what happened honey. You still coped very well!
You did what you had to do and came through in the end! So well done!!

Perhaps you could continue with a few more hypnotherapy sessions perhaps they might help you again?

I hope you are feeling brighter,

Sending lots of PMT your way!!!

Love Pip's XX XX XX XX XX XX

kate
07-10-04, 15:10
Hiya Pips,

How are you? Yes, I'm going to have another hypno session in the half term holiday, we break up in 2 weeks time [Yeah!]

The b****y scaffold never arrived yesterday, went to bed early with a sick headache.

Had to lock poor bunny in conservatory again today and, when I got home from work, the scaffold was up.

Now it's actually in place I don't feel half as bad as I had when waiting for it to be done [Duh!]

Yesterday just seemed to be a day of everything going wrong.

We bought my son a new camera phone a few weeks ago and my daughter accidently knocked it off the cupboard into a vase of water.

She rescued it, but it's completely knackered. Hubby was moaning at daughter, son was moaning at daughter, I escaped into the garden [:I]

Not even worth claiming on insurance as the phone was only about £80 and we've got a £50 excess on the policy!

I'm still having some problems with my daughter, but she says that the rituals aren't as bad, but I don't know if she is just saying that so that I will get off her case.

She was in a very tearful mood this morning, saying she felt sick but she went off to school and I will see how she is tonight.

Hope you are ok, Pips. Have you had another hypno session recently?

Speak soon

Kate x

Meg
07-10-04, 18:40
Well done Kate for getting over the acute anticipatory blip . Stoere it up for future reference that you are coping much better but still ahve issues with anticipatory stuff.

Huge improvement overall though ?

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

kate
07-10-04, 19:27
Hi Meg,

Yes, I agree that overall the improvement is good, and I am feeling a lot better again tonight.

Just a little bit of anxiety still lingering but it is only coming to the fore every now and then.

I think maybe it was a few things that contributed, worrying about my daughter probably being the main start of the anxiety.

I must now keep remembering how far I have come and how I am enjoying a better quality of life than I have in a long, long time.

Blips happen to even "normal" people as well!!! :D;)

kate x

Meg
07-10-04, 20:36
They do indeed !!

You're doing great - you should be very proud .

Hows the gym and spa place doing ?

Meg

- Albert Einstein.

kate
07-10-04, 20:52
Hi Meg,

The gym is going good thanks.

Haven't managed to lose any weight though, rather good restaurant there as well!

Will take myself off for another beauty treatment in the half term holiday, I deserve it [^]

Kate x

Meg
07-10-04, 22:42
Wow , now thats progress Kate.

Yes you do fully deserve it

Love

Meg

sal
07-10-04, 23:42
Hi Kate

Pleased to hear the gym is going well and you are feeling a bit better. Sorry didnt reply before now but had head in exam papers not that it made a difference LOL

Keep in touch and you know where i am if you need to talk.

Love Sal xxxxx

pips
11-10-04, 11:12
Hi Kate,

Thanks for message, sorry I have only just replied been working this weekend!

I'm glad you are ok. What a bummer about the phone hey! How long is the scaffolding going to be up for?

Are you still looking for a new job at the moment?

I'm ok thanks although worrying about Christmas already and what to buy people. I like it organized see. I can't stand going out last minute when the town and shops are packed! I don't do busy!!!!! LOL

Well my hpyno is totally not happening at the mo as my hpnotherapist if off with a bad back. I'm a bit annoyed as he contacted me and said he may be in and he would confirm it the next day but he never rang. That was over a week ago now so who knows whats happening??? Never mind can't really afford it this month as Iv'e started buying christmas pressies plus it's my Mums Birthday.

Anyway I hope all is well with you glad to hear your daughters a bit better.

Take care and stay POSITIVE!!!!

Love PIP's XX

nomorepanic
11-10-04, 19:10
Hi Kate

How is it going now the scaffold is up? Are you feeling ok about it?

Sorry I haven't been on MSN much - having some time out and some early nights.

I am always thinking of you though so take care ok?

xxx

Nicola

kate
13-10-04, 15:15
Hiya Pip's,

I haven't replied before cos I didn't want to tempt fate LOL.

The roof was done over Saturday and Sunday, we were lucky in that the weather was dry and sunny though cold.

BUT, they didn't come and dismantle the scaffold til today, so I thought I wouldn't post til it had gone!! [:I]

Anyway, all done and dusted now!

I am going to book another hypno appointment for the half term week, week after next, cos I obviously still have some issues left!

I must say though that overall the anxiety is so much less and I am being a bit too assertive!

Hope you are doing well, speak to you soon,

Luv Kate xxx

kate
13-10-04, 15:20
Hi Nic,

Thanks for the message.

The first few days I hardly slept with the scaffold up. Really silly I know, but it really unerved me with it up [:I][:O].

I kind of got more used to it though as the days went by and slept a bit better.

The relief today though when I turned the corner of the road and it had GONE.

Feel a bit daft reading my post back and realising that I was worried about scaffolding LOL.

Still, all over with now and it's been raining here all day so the roof has been fully tested.

I really miss chatting on msn but you deserve a bit of time out and I totally understand [8D].

Hope to speak to you soon.

Lots of Luv Kate xxxxxx

Meg
13-10-04, 17:59
HI Kate,

Glad its all improved and new roof is water proof.

Are you being too assertive or is it just that you were so unassertive previously it seems like a big shift from where you were ? The extreme of assertive is aggressive and I cannot think you are going into that realm .

Meg

- Albert Einstein.

kate
13-10-04, 18:12
Hiya Meg,

No, I am definately not aggressive, just think it's cos I was so used to being totally unassertive.

I feel a bit strange about it as people at work keep commenting on my assertiveness, not sure if they are joking about it or if they think I'm not such a walk over anymore.

I popped into Asda on the way home and bought some undies!

As I walked out of the shop, the alarm went off. The "Happy to Help" bloke came up to me and asked if I had any dvd's or clothes in my bag.

I said that I had some clothing and that everytime I bought clothes there the stupid alarm went off as I was leaving. It has now happened on approx 6 occasions.

I went on to tell him how totally embarassing it is when the alarm sounds and everyone is looking at you, thinking you are a shoplifter.

No way would I have said all this a few months ago. Just takes some getting used to I suppose!

Kate x

Meg
13-10-04, 21:31
Wow Good for you Kate . A huge improvement .

Love

Meg

sal
14-10-04, 00:11
Hi Kate

Pleased it all went well and you are all sorted now.

You have done really well and coped fine.

Not even a minor blip mate just how anyone would cope with that situation.

Hope work is going okay and it is good to see you back on site.

Take care.

Love Sal xxxxx