PDA

View Full Version : Nausea before period?

pixietrixie
14-06-16, 21:55
Hi girls,

So the past 4 days I've had nausea at first I put it down to drinking coca cola however today it was worse, and then someone mentioned to me that it could be pms.
Now usually I suffer with pms but not this bad however the past few months my periods have been changing.
This evening I have come on my period but still feel sick.

I have been suffering with stress and a cold I should point out. Basically I want to know if any other ladies suffer nausea before their period? And if so how long after you start your period does the nausea go?

Am really suffering with anxiety over this situation at the min so any replies would be great! x

poppy77
15-06-16, 05:01
I can't believe you just posted this - I've been having exactly the same as you!

I gave birth last July and got my cycle back in March. I've had four periods since then and for the week before each one I've had increasing nausea until just after the period starts and then it goes again. It's like a morning sickness feeling, waves of nausea which improves after eating, although I'm definitely not pregnant! I never had this in the past - I only logically can put it down to PMS.

My non logical worrying side as usual goes to things like stomach cancer and worries like that - although I give myself a talking to and say, it's just before my period, is not severe, goes away after period starts and no vomiting or weight loss - also does not affect appetite or ability to eat.

Just strange that I didn't have it before baby number three! Although pregnancy and giving birth can change your cycle. Plus, I'm 39 in a few months, maybe my cycle is changing for that reason as well.