PDA

View Full Version : As bad as before

kim!!
15-06-16, 09:05
Hi my anxiety has come back as bad as wen it first started is that possible I really thought I was getting better, nothing as happened for it to start like this again I need some help because I can't go through it again when it's this bad people tell me to calm down but I'm not worrying about anything! What can I do please help x

gregcool
15-06-16, 09:25
Hi Kim..sorry to hear you are in a bad place and for no reason..i also get like this,just out of the blue with no trigger.just feel crap all of a sudden..i think we all have something going on in the back of our minds that sits there waiting to cause us depression or anxiety.....or something on the tv or even a smell can trigger things off again.or even for no reason at all after doing well for some time,we can just wake up and feel crap..i think once you have had mental health there is allways the risk of it coming back when we least excpect it to...most people call it a blip ! Or a spike..when you feel this happen you have to try and focus on the possitive side of life and remind yourself how well you have been doing and feeling,this will help the recovery agsin.its to easy to dwell on this negative mood and feed it all over again which makes you feel you are back to square one again...it will pass and you will get back to the way you have been,but will take positive thinking and reminding yourself how well you have been doing.also telling yourself its just a bump in the road and you will get over it as you clearly done before..chin up.i know its not easy tho when you just feel like this for no reason and it knocks you back.the anger and disapointment and sadness it brings...you will get there and if there is no reason for this blip,it will pass.good luck

kim!!
15-06-16, 09:54
Hi Greg yer I just woke up this morning sweating an shaking my belly keeps rumbling lol I couldn't even take the kids to school my mum had to take them, I try thinking positive an I do but it seems to make no difference at all? I get mad with myself because I don't know why I'm like this in the first place! If tried cbt but that didn't seem to work for me I just don't know how to help myself anymore, I try an be strong for the kids but I just break down crying

gregcool
15-06-16, 10:34
Kim its very hard to be positive when you are feeling strong negitive vibes from anxiety..but you have to try and remind yourself,tell yourself you were well for a long time and can get well again..its a blip and dsnt need a reason for its return..it can just come on at anytime like it has done..you need to except it for now and try to muddle on through it..the more you focus on anxiety the more you will worry and keep feeding it.so round and round yiu will go..easy said sain done i know but this is what you have to try and do..it will pass.might take couple of days or more but you will recover again.

Elizabeth Fry
15-06-16, 11:11
The doctor has diagnosed tonsillitis even though I've had them removed (this can happen apparently). She's a good doctor and is always right with her diagnoses and yet this anxiety provokes me to doubt. I have been on antibiotics for a week and even though the swelling is slightly down I am checking and rechecking. I am trying not to google because it was doing that which got me worried.

Anxiety is a terrible affliction and it is good to hear that there are people here who have made headway in combating it, even though you have good and bad days. I just don't know how to get myself out of this.

gregcool
15-06-16, 11:45
Well as i say you can recover over night after a blip..for me i only have odd parts of the day of feeling good but then in a blink of a eye,it just for no reason all comes back my depresion is the same.one min i can feel relaxed etc,then bang i feel depressed no reason at all.iv lived like this for many years now drives me mad and feels like i will never recover...mental health is nasty and different in everyone..iv had days of feeling good and think iv recovered,then i wake up and feel like im back in it all over again..noq days i take each hr as it comes and dont get to atached to things and excpect the bad times to follow..but for you,you have had good long recovery and sounds like something maybe your feeling unwell has set things off

mezzaninedoor
16-06-16, 12:03
Sorry to hear this Kim.

Once we seem to have 'anxiety' in our psychy it becomes a millstone thats hard to unlearn and we are easily pulled into new anxietal thoughts.

Wish everyone well, im battling at the moment so Apols that posts are not very long

kim!!
16-06-16, 12:15
Hi it is awful isn't it sorry to hear your struggling at the moment as well hope it soon passes for u! I'm just having hot flushes then I go cold feel light headed couldn't even take kids to school this morning, I need to take control just don't know how?

georgewing
20-06-16, 05:44
Well i dont know if will help you but i think problems starts from the mind and uhappy thoughts etc .i use law of attraction in my life and everyday i learn new things about mind how to be more positive etc .This give me confidence on me

MyNameIsTerry
20-06-16, 05:45
Well i dont know if will help you but i think problems starts from the mind and uhappy thoughts etc .i use law of attraction in my life and everyday i learn new things about mind how to be more positive etc .This give me confidence on me

I would love to get myself a winning lottery ticket through Law of Attraction. :yesyes:

kim!!
20-06-16, 06:58
What's law of attraction?

MyNameIsTerry
22-06-16, 13:19
What's law of attraction?

The belief that "like attracts like". Whilst we say it's healthy to be positive, law of attraction has a very detrimental side which blames all the things that go wrong in your life on you for thinking negatively.

So, you get ill because you think your way into it. Imagine believing that BS if you are posting about the various cancers you fear on the HA board? Imagine the Magical Thinking sufferer, like me, who has had thoughts harm would come to a loved one without performing my compulsions? How does it help people who fear bringing impossible things on themselves to believe in a pseudoscience, a completely unprovable & unproven one too, to think it is possible we can bring on such things?

According to it focusing on that lottery win will bring it to me. Yeah, so my mind can influence the lottery machine :doh:

And it's downsides can be very detrimental. A parent blaming themselves for their child being hurt by someone due to their negative thinking. How is that of value? How does the parent influence the cosmos into bringing that on?

It's as much BS as George's link flogging guru cures for hours commission :whistles: