PDA

View Full Version : Really Stressed - Set Back In Recovery

Victory2016
15-06-16, 17:19
I don't know how to handle this situation right now. I am so stressed out!!! I think this is setting me back in my recovery. As I don't handle stress well anymore.

On June 1st I had a court date with an administrative judge law and I had to give a testimony about my medical conditions and why I can't work. This is to get permanent disability through the state of Pennsylvania. I also had a lawyer to help me with the case. She said she thinks I got it and they had a vocational expert at the hearing who indicated that I could not hold down any jobs due to my medical conditions. My primary care physician and therapist also indicated that I would not be able to sustain working at this time. I waited 2 years for this court hearing.

The judge said it could take anywhere from 3 weeks to 90 days to determine if he finds me disabled and unable to work. The notification comes in the mail, so of course I stalk the mail man everyday. If i don't get approved I don't know what I am going to do as I have been living off of my 401k and I don't have much more funds the live off of. There is no way I can go back to work at this point in time. Thankfully I sold my house and moved home with my Dad last year, so my finances are not high.

I feel like i won't be able to relax and stop stressing until I get the notification. I think its making my anxiety worse right now ughhhhhhh.

I just keep praying that i will get it sooner then later!!!!