PDA

View Full Version : Red bruise on arm

Merlin24
15-06-16, 19:36
Okay so this isn't a new worry. Quite a few times (I mean a lot ha) I have obsessed and cried over this.
I have a.. I say freckle but a darker patch on my skin on my upper forearm, which can sometimes swell up, go red/purple with bruising around the outside. This will go down after a few days and not come back, but the mark always reappears.
Initially I panic and worry that I have a mole and in turn, it's skin cancer
However the logic is speaking to me is saying that if it was skin cancer, the 'mole' just wouldn't go back to normal for months on end.
I've had this for as long as I can remember- I think I was about 9 when I can remember my friends mum saying you should get that checked out- so it's been there years (I'm 22 coming on 23)
When I've consulted dr Google I haven't seen anywhere that cancerous moles come and go... What's everyone's opinion? I want to quash this fear once and for all but the time it takes for me to get a Drs appt the colour/bruising has gone away! My family just say I'm being silly and that it looks like a blood blister (always in the same place!) I also am very fair and don't sunbathe/use sun beds and always wear sun cream (factor 30/50) so I wouldn't say I abuse my skin/get burnt

Thankyou all