PDA

View Full Version : Occular migraine

Hck80
15-06-16, 20:34
Does anyone get ocular migraine (migraine aura without the headache)?

countrygirl
15-06-16, 21:18
Yep, very rarely I can go many years in between. I have a specific trigger with me it having to suppress very strong emotion and about hour later I get the visual migraine. always exactly the same, the zigzag lines work from one side of my eyes to the other in about 15-20 mins and then thats it gone. I never ever get any headache or any other symptoms.

If they are new to you then it worth seeing your GP , I had some blood tests originally to rule out it being anything else although the Gp said it was extremely unlikely to be anything else as its was classic silent migraine.

As I said I can go many years between attacks but then might get a few attacks over a month or so then its gone again. Scary when it happens.

Hck80
15-06-16, 21:22
That's exactly what mine are like, I've had them for two years now they started when I was pregnant, (although years ago I did used to get the normal type of migraine). Have been to Drs and have had blood tests too, and now on beta blockers, but they still make me anxious, I can't quite work out what my trigger is either

conan
16-06-16, 00:37
yeah i've had two in the last 18 months or so. never diagnosed by a doctor but googling and in particular google image searching shows patterns that are just too familiar for it to be anything else. starts are a small "C" shape in the middle of my field of vision and slowly expands into the outer periphery, then disappears. then i feel a bit crap for a while after. it's quite a distressing experience but then everything i've read says they're nothing much to worry about so :shrug:

Noivous
16-06-16, 02:52
Yep. Never even knew what it was until about 9 months ago. Have had 3 since then. The last one about three months ago. Scared the snot out of me. The last one though I just stayed calm until it passed.

N.

countrygirl
16-06-16, 09:36
Even though I know exactly what they are and that it will all be over with in max of 20 mins I still get huge adrenalin surge and fear and needing the loo:winks: and then when it is over I think why on earth was I so frightened!