PDA

View Full Version : Blood clot, sciatica or what?

Willowacres
15-06-16, 21:09
2 weeks ago I woke up with a sharp pain in my hamstring that lasted a solid 10 seconds. This caused me to have extreme anxiety and left me walking the house for hours until the morning.
Now, since then I have tingling, my leg feels achey and sore from the mid hamstring, behind the knee and down in to the calf. There is no visible redness or whiteness, but it often feels like there's blood pooling in my foot if that makes sense? I do have a bit of tenderness in my buttocks of the effected side (left).

We have lengthy hospital waits in northern Canada here and I can't get in until Wednesday... Does anyone have experience with this? I'm so afraid it's a blood clot that I've been elevating my legs, moving around and not sitting often, I normally Crossfit but I haven't done that either. The left leg aches while trying to sleep too...
Suggestions ?

Beckybecks
15-06-16, 21:39
My father in law had a blood clot when he was with us last year. It was really painful all the time and not just briefly as you've described. what you had sounds like cramp in your muscle.

Willowacres
15-06-16, 21:52
Thank you:)
I'm uncomfortable, but I wouldn't say that it is extremely painful all the time. It's just sensations all the time but the only time it was actually painful was the night I had the 'Charlie horse' 2 weeks ago. I'd like to think it's just sciatic :) I can deal with that!