PDA

View Full Version : hot weather and breathing

ash1308
15-06-16, 22:27
does the warmer weather make people feel more breathless? the last few days at night i have felt a bit breathless
thanks guys

xBettyBoopx
15-06-16, 23:56
Hi ash

Yes the warmer air makes me feel like I can't breathe properly. I've had it since I was a teenager and I'm nearly 60 now so it obviously doesn't harm you!

I'm not sure if there's any danger of getting warmer air this year though :blush::wacko::wacko:

You will always always always get enough air, but as Doctor Claire Weekes says "not as freely as you would like"......but that does not mean that anything will happen because when the tension goes and releases those chest muscles, you will then be able to breathe properly again. I always find forcing yawns and sighs helps. The more you worry of course, the more tense......and the vicious cycle begins.

spanishbasqueheart
16-06-16, 01:52
Had a chest infectionnot so long ago so my breathing was a bit bad, but have had no trouble again until today where my ribs again are sore and it feels off again but then again its been all over the shop temperature wise here the past few dayz with sudden humidity and heavy rain xx

MyNameIsTerry
16-06-16, 04:51
I have asthma so weather changes can affect me anyway. This can be very hot or cold. It can take a little bit of time to adjust to it.

Muscular tension has been much worse though. I never had this before my current med but it had me questioning whether my asthma was worsening for a long time.