PDA

View Full Version : Hey all!

amaia
16-06-16, 05:09
Hi all,

Just signed up seconds ago. I've terrible anxiety problems, especially health anxiety.

I stumbled upon this board because I was googling 'tingling sensation all over body' which I currently have, and was led to here. Unfortunately obsessively googling also led to scares that it may be multiple sclerosis. My mind always imagines the worst case scenario.. I think google is helpful and evil at the same time.

I've had several health scares this year, self-inflicted by my own paranoia (and visits to multiple doctors) but nothing serious was found and the symptoms faded away after awhile. My Health Anxiety is acting up again now, and I'm so glad to have found this board to know I'm not the only one who's paranoid about their body.

Let's all try to be optimistic and I'm sure in time, we will all be okay. I'm currently seeing a traditional Chinese medicine practitioner and going through natural remedies to bring the body in balance. She says my emotional anxiety is affecting my physical state and it's something I really need to work on.

venusbluejeans
16-06-16, 05:14
Hiya amaia and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
17-06-16, 14:59
Good morning amaia and welcome to the NMP Forum. Anxiety and panic can work on you a thousand different ways. Within the treads of NMP I'm sure you will find some practical advice about your situation. I myself have health anxiety issues brought on by anxiety and panic. In my situation I have followed a mix of Eastern and Western techniques to put a little balance in my life. But the important point is you are being proactive and doing something to make your life better, so don't let your mind or anyone else tell you any different. Best to you on your journey to be a better you.

spanishbasqueheart
18-06-16, 02:27
Hello and welcome to NMP Amaia. I too suffer with Health Anxiety and have found the forum very helpful xx