PDA

View Full Version : please help seritonin syndrome?

tiredofthis14
16-06-16, 07:23
two days ago i restarted 30mg duloxitine i havent been on anything for few weeks iv previously been on 60mg of duloxtine
last night i took it and notice i got cold shivers which set my anxiety off about seritonin syndrome woken really panicky with headache and feel like i havent slept i have intense anxiety at mo and i dont know whats real and what not does anyone know anything about this

Shazamataz
16-06-16, 07:48
Hi there, it doesn't sound like seretonin syndrome, rather heightened anxiety from the meds. I went through this myself so completely relate. It's horrible isn't it?

---------- Post added at 18:48 ---------- Previous post was at 18:47 ----------

With seretonin syndrome you would be really hot and have a super fast heart rate I think.

MyNameIsTerry
16-06-16, 08:05
That's the starting dose for anxiety but you always go onto 60mg. So, it's quite low and everyone who starts on it will take the dose you have. I've been on it for years and started on 30mg then went to 60mg about a week later.

Serotonin Syndrome is rare but it's more likely when combined meds from the same class. Even then, there are many people taking meds that overlap and higher doses and they still don't get it. So, I think you will be fine and this is just perhaps a combination of the side effects off these and the fact you are very anxious anyway so taking anything sets you off when so sensitised.

You've been having a rough time for a while but hang in there.

tiredofthis14
16-06-16, 08:34
thank you
i know i admitted myself over weekend but i couldnt cope being away from my kids
they just keep stopping meds starting new ones my head insane at the moment
in past week iv thought i had pancreatis blood clots eptopic pregnancy seritionin syndrome now im concerned i got that and clots! its insane but i completly get sucked in because my 'symptoms' fit iv begged for some sort of physchologist to see me but they just chuck sedatives at me iv been trying to exercise as it meant to help but i have such little energy it so hard i cry 90% of the day wake having panick attacks iv never been so bad so long :(

MyNameIsTerry
16-06-16, 09:11
They seem to just try to stabilise people hence the sedatives. Really, it takes time to get proper long time meds to work as you know so there is an element of fighting through it.

I can remember when I hit my worst. I was there for quite a while and just battling through each day. I don't have HA issues but I'm very symptom focussed within my GAD so couldn't switch any of the feelings off no matter what I tried. As much as I wanted help there & then, it really was a matter if working on it until I just started to feel a little less intense and then a bit better from there as if I was passing through stages if you know what I mean.

People on here will support you. I hope you really do get to see someone to take you through more intense therapy though.

Stopping & starting meds can be a nightmare with all the different side effects. I hope you find one that suits you, maybe this one you are trying now and at least get some respite from the current severity. If you can just get a bit better, you will regain your strength and have more control over the obsessions.

tiredofthis14
16-06-16, 17:47
thank u i ended back at urgent care tonight been getting really severe pain in pelvis and leg utterly convinced clot but they said bladder infection but she scared me because at first she said if you had a clot it would of shown last week on d dimer i said but the pain started after she said itd show before then after she said youd get all the pain and swelling first ...which reinforced my fear that its a blimin clot but she wouldnt test me im so out of control but in agony too which doesnt help