PDA

View Full Version : Withdrawl Panics

Hivenburs
16-06-16, 16:25
I have literally developed every single type of anxiety and panic attacks since I went on Ativan.. I have been off it for three months now, is there any ways I can make this easier? my fight or flight mode is crazy.. I have Propanalol prn

jleebow
16-06-16, 20:11
I can relate...been where you are more times than I wanted to. For me Benzo withdrawl can last for some time and also it can come and go. You are at 3 months ...That is huge!! The worst is more than likely behind you. If you are wanting to get off and stay off the ativan you are well on your way...just do not start taking it again now. You've come a very long way!! Congratulations!!

Hivenburs
16-06-16, 21:58
How long were you on them? If you don't mind me asking.. I was only two months so I don't see it coming back badly! (I hope haha)

Shazamataz
16-06-16, 22:07
I think it's hard to know what is withdrawal and what is plain old anxiety rearing it's ugly head!

I'm coming off diazepam at the moment from being on 4mg a day for a few months. I've been dropping .5 mg a week. I was fine, mostly for the first 4 weeks but have been a mess with the last drop.

Gosh I hope this doesn't go on for months!

Tims
16-06-16, 23:45
I have literally developed every single type of anxiety and panic attacks since I went on Ativan.. I have been off it for three months now, is there any ways I can make this easier? my fight or flight mode is crazy.. I have Propanalol prn

Hi
Is the propranolol not helping at all ?

Tims

Hivenburs
17-06-16, 19:19
It is up to a point yes, it takes away the physical symptoms but not the anxiety!