PDA

View Full Version : Thyriod experts

Miss.Katyy1990
16-06-16, 23:15
So I've posted on this forum alot about my thyriod queries (I had thyriod cancer when I was 15) I'm now 25 and still don't know too much into on it!

I had a thyriod functiom test in Feb and my levels were fine in which I had a telephone app and they were happy. I went on to have another test in May just after I got over a bad sickness bug and was in the middle of a cold/sinus infection (walking germ) anyways I had an app on Monday and my levels were all out of whack again (sigh) does anyone know why this could be? Because of the sickness? Can levels fluctuate? He's sent me for another blood test this week to check it out. Id of hoped my levels would be perfect after ten years :'

Any help or info would be great I also think it's the worst that my cancer is back I do believe being dioognoised with cancer at a young age started off all my anxieties :(

countrygirl
17-06-16, 11:06
I used to work as an advisor for a thyroid charity.

You should never have a thyroid blood test if you are unwell in any way with bacterial infection or viruses as the results will be totally unreliable. This is why your Dr is redoing the tests. I have underactive thyroid and even before I trained as an advisor I remember my Gp who was a one Dr practise and did the blood tests as well, refusing to do my 6month routine test because I had a cold - the problem nowadays is that Dr's dont take blood any more and the blood taker does not know not to do the test if you are unwell.

No need to panic yet! This blood test may come back okay and even if it doesn't it does not mean things have got totally awry. It takes time after infection for things to return to normal so if your results are just slightly off your Dr could want to wait a bit and do another test.

You can message me if you ever want more info.