PDA

View Full Version : Raw food risk

scorpionwhispers
17-06-16, 23:55
I was at a BBQ this evening and had to separate the sausages using my hands, I then cooked them and I'm confident they were cooked properly. I ate some food but then got really worried that I hadn't been able to wash my hands between separating the raw sausages and eating the food and worry there might have been raw meat under my nails etc. Now I'm wondering whether I will have given myself food poisoning

Am I overreacting?

Katie55
18-06-16, 00:05
Well it's always wise to wash your hands after handling raw meat but I think I'd be more worried after touching raw chicken rather than sausages. Anyway, unless you've got a weak immune system, even in the unlikely event that you did pick up a bug, you'd only be ill for a day or two. Try not to worry. Easier said than done, I know!

Fishmanpa
18-06-16, 00:18
I don't think you have anything to worry about tbh. I've been far worse as far as dirty hands and handling raw food while camping and such and never got sick. If you wake up tomorrow fine then you're good :)

Positive thoughts

scorpionwhispers
18-06-16, 00:26
I know it's silly. We were on a beach so there wasn't anywhere to wash hands with soap etc 😟