PDA

View Full Version : In a state of panic over this groin pain. :'(

little.miss.worry
18-06-16, 02:30
I can't stop panicking at the moment to the point where I'm shaking. Basically I've got this really bad groin pain on my right side which is giving me a shooting pain down my leg. I have admittedly been going the gym everyday but haven't for the past two days. So in mt head I'm like no. Its not muscular. Because it is so painful. I'm frightened its an ovarian cyst or something. I know it's not a UTI because I have no pain in terms of that.

I can't calm down, it hurts so much, I can't sleep because I can't get comfy. I do hope it's muscular but surely it wouldn't hurt this much??:weep:

---------- Post added at 02:30 ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 ----------

I'm trying so hard to sleep but I can't from all this panic :((

little.miss.worry
18-06-16, 08:37
Anyone...

little.miss.worry
18-06-16, 13:32

Elen
18-06-16, 14:02
Its so hard to know what to say.

From your posting history the problem is not this current worry so replying directly to your post is not going to achieve much.

I apologise I cant remember if you are getting therapy for your HA. There are techniques on the internet to help you think more rationally about these health fears and finding one of these that work for you would be a good use of your googling.

It can be beaten and I really hope you get to grips with it before it spirals any further.

Good luck

Elen

MyNameIsTerry
18-06-16, 15:08
Muscular pain can hurt a fair bit. And it depends where it is because some areas have much more nerve endings...like the groin.

Anyone who has torn a muscle or had whiplash can attest to the pain. I've had the latter.

I'm not saying you have torn a muscle because you would have injured yourself to cause that, so you would have an event to tie it too. But I am saying don't dismiss the pain as being too much for muscular sprains/strains because muscular pain can certainly hurt.

countrygirl
18-06-16, 15:58
If you have annoyed your lower back at the gym then you can get referred pain in your groin and down leg. I have very damaged back discs and ove the years I have had every single possible referred pain with this that has scared me rigid until I realise whats causing it. You can even get abdominal pain from your spine!

Is the pain constant even at rest? Is it just occuring when you move?

little.miss.worry
18-06-16, 16:38
Its so hard to know what to say.

From your posting history the problem is not this current worry so replying directly to your post is not going to achieve much.

I apologise I cant remember if you are getting therapy for your HA. There are techniques on the internet to help you think more rationally about these health fears and finding one of these that work for you would be a good use of your googling.

It can be beaten and I really hope you get to grips with it before it spirals any further.

Good luck

Elen

I've been in and out of therapy for about 5/6 years now. I asked the GP recently for more help but got told "you need to do it on your own now". So, basically everyone's given up on me I guess. Hopefully this is just a little blip and i'll get back to "normal" soon.:)

---------- Post added at 16:36 ---------- Previous post was at 16:30 ----------

Muscular pain can hurt a fair bit. And it depends where it is because some areas have much more nerve endings...like the groin.

Anyone who has torn a muscle or had whiplash can attest to the pain. I've had the latter.

I'm not saying you have torn a muscle because you would have injured yourself to cause that, so you would have an event to tie it too. But I am saying don't dismiss the pain as being too much for muscular sprains/strains because muscular pain can certainly hurt.

Yeah that's true. I think my anxiety is blowing all of this out of proportion.. massively.

---------- Post added at 16:38 ---------- Previous post was at 16:36 ----------

If you have annoyed your lower back at the gym then you can get referred pain in your groin and down leg. I have very damaged back discs and ove the years I have had every single possible referred pain with this that has scared me rigid until I realise whats causing it. You can even get abdominal pain from your spine!

Is the pain constant even at rest? Is it just occuring when you move?

Yeah the pain is constant. It comes and goes though. One minute it really hurts. The next it eases. Then it comes back. It's just really upsetting me and the other side has started now too :(

countrygirl
18-06-16, 21:06
The fact the other side has started to hurt as well points strongly to it being a consequence of gym work. Most injuries will improve after 2 weeks. I once hurt a muscle at the top of my thigh/groin and could not walk for 2 weeks without agony ( this was caused by constantly crouching down to empty boxes having moved house) but it did get better itself as my GP said it would even though i was worrying it was my hip!

ShaunRyder
19-06-16, 12:31
Sounds like a groin strain, i had a pain for nearly 6 months in my groin due to football, try resting it and doing some light stretches on it, a hot water bottle (with a cover) will help, put the bottle on the groin for 15-20 mins few times a day.