PDA

View Full Version : Good week - bad week

Mojo61
18-06-16, 07:58
Bah! I had a great week last week, I almostbelieved that I'd finally conquered the anxiety after 7 dreadful months. Alas, it was no to be because on Thursday I woke up with the usual awful symptoms of churning stomach, dry mouth, internal shakes, pounding heart, intrusive thoughts etc etc. :weep:

Thursday night I didn't sleep very well, and last night the same. I'm so fed up with this now, I've just about had enough and I feel like it's never going to get better. :weep::weep::weep:

Shazamataz
18-06-16, 08:02
I feel your pain Mojo!

I too thought I was improving but have been back in hell the past three days, I think from weaning off diazepam, despite doing it very slowly.

I hope things get better for you soon. Sounds like we've been in this for a similar amount of time.

Have you changed anything that may have caused this setback?

Mojo61
18-06-16, 08:15
Yes Shaz I have. On Wednesday morning I put my first new HRT patch on. I was on a continuous patch but because of problems with that one the doctor has now swapped me to a sequential patch which means I take oestrogen only for 2 weeks and then a combination of oestrogen and progesterone for 2 weeks.

Looking it up on the menopause forum it would appear that withdrawal from progesterone can cause anxiety and insomnia until the body adjusts. I'm hoping this is the reason (of course this is playing on my mind and making the symptoms worse) and that eventually it will settle down.

Shazamataz
18-06-16, 08:52
Fingers crossed it does settle down soon!

You've actually done me a favour by explaining that! A few weeks ago I started taking the progesterone only pill (mini pill) as the GP and I thought there was a chance some of what I've been experiencing could be due to hormonal issues coming up to menopause (I'm 46 soon).

Unfortunately I think not only has it not helped particularly, I've swollen up and have sore boobs and feel even more fat than I already was with the antidepressants. So, I was going to stop it but think now I will just continue in the mean time as I don't need withdrawal from progesterone on top of this potential withdrawal I'm having!

Hugs