PDA

View Full Version : Randomly Get Dizyy

pumpkin03
18-06-16, 12:03
I am a thirteen year old female and few months ago I started to randomly get dizzy, but in the beginning it would only last for a few seconds and I was still able to stand, so I ignored it. It happened rather rare, once a week or so. But with time it got worse, and now I get dizzy multiple times a day and it lasts much longer than it did in the beginning, sometimes for over a few minutes and most of the time I can't even stand and I need to hold onto something so that I don't fall. Usually everything around me goes blurry and I feel like the room is spinning.
What could have caused this? Should I go to a doctor?

Gary A
18-06-16, 12:14
This sounds like BPPV, or benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. It is a dizziness that's brought on by certain head movements. It typically begins mild but can progress and become more severe over time.

It is a completely harmless condition that's caused by small crystals coming loose in the inner ear and putting your balance system out of sync.

You should certainly see a doctor, as it's very treatable and generally the symptoms disappear altogether when the doctor performs certain corrective manoeuvres on your head.

Fishmanpa
18-06-16, 12:35
While dizziness is a rather common anxiety symptom, ask your parents to take you to the doctor.

Positive thoughts