PDA

View Full Version : Not sleeping again!

Mojo61
19-06-16, 06:43
I've started waking up at 4am again and being unable to get back to sleep. I thought I had the sleep thing sorted, I was able to get about 6 straight hours, but it has now reverted back to about 4hrs and I'm exhausted. Any suggestions?

Shazamataz
19-06-16, 08:56
Oh no! I completely understand. I thought I had it sorted and now it's a complete mess again.

Someone suggested to me today to try sleeping somewhere else (not in my bedroom) as the past few days have given it a bad association for me. Unfortunately it's a bit tricky with the dogs and keeping them out of my way so they don't wake me up so I'm a bit stuck with the bedroom.

Maybe worth a try? Sleep in the lounge?

Becky2785
19-06-16, 10:05
I was like this last week and had a bad week but the past 2 nights I've had a bit more sleep well all least 6 hours hope this passes for you soon
I think we are all doing so well xx

Shazamataz
19-06-16, 10:33
Oh that gives me a bit of hope! I know I'm not on the same med as you guys but believe it was the SSRIs that stuffed up my sleep in the first place.

I'm on day 4 of nearly no sleep but have just figured that in addition to tapering off diazepam, I've gone almost cold turkey from sugar (was getting fat on the Mirtazapine!) since Thursday so I may be having major sugar withdrawal as well!

Just found some drinking chocolate hiding in the cupboard and hoping that might take the edge off the anxiety! Can't make it much worse anyway.

spanishbasqueheart
21-06-16, 00:55
I've had the same problem where I take my tablet about 8 o clock and ready to sleep by midnight but end up waking about 3 times in the night and getting up exhausted. Don't know if its my body getting used to the tablets still as I have only been on them nearly a month xx

Noivous
21-06-16, 01:47
Well one thing I've learned to do when I can't sleep is I refuse to let it stress me out. If I can't sleep I'll accept it. I'll lay and rest. I might read. Get a snack. But under no circumstances allow yourself to get upset about it. It solves nothing. Sometimes I'll play an old movie or something on YouTube on my phone next to my bed I'll have the phone face down so I can just hear it and sometimes I'll fall asleep. Another thing is try to sqeeze in a little cat nap during the day if you can. Even 15 minutes can do wonders.

N.

---------- Post added at 00:47 ---------- Previous post was at 00:44 ----------

Oh yeah...another thing...I did the low carb diet thing awhile back and my sleep really improved.

Victory2016
21-06-16, 23:34
Try eating a complex carb like a yam or sweet potato about 2 hours before bed. It will control your blood sugar. Plus they increase serotonin naturally, which may make you feel better.

Don't eat any type of protein before bed as protein contains amino acids that can cause stimulation.