PDA

View Full Version : Headache sore spots

anx mum
19-06-16, 08:58
Plz help anyone. I am really confused had a constant headache for 9 weeks been all over my head. Couple of days ago headache was on right side around my temple area it hurt to touch went to hospital last night gave me a painkiller injection. I'm worried they a bleed in my head they haven't picked up. Any advise would be greatly appreciated :weep:

Beckybecks
19-06-16, 10:21
Firstly if you had a bleed in your head you wouldn't last for 9 weeks without treatment, secondly you would have convulsions and other severe symptoms.

Anxiety and stress can cause constant headaches. Treat the anxiety and the head aches will ease up.

Try to relax, go for walks, do breathing exercises, drink lots of water, be careful about the food you eat; avoid fatty and processed food, caffeine, alcohol, chocolate and cheese.

You may have a food that you've become intolerant to that is causing your headaches so have a look at your diet and maybe make some changes.

anx mum
19-06-16, 11:22
Thanks becky guess I'm worried as headaches are bad and got family history of strokes. Suppose to be seeing neroligist in next month's. Really struggling anxiety is sky high. Feel so alone I'm grateful for this site

Beckybecks
19-06-16, 11:38
Dont feel alone, there are so many people here who understand and sympathise.
Like you, there are times when I don't know what I'd have done without this forum.

Do you understand that this is a vicious circle? That your anxiety is aggravating your headaches and your headaches are aggravating your anxiety?

You just need to break that circle. So it's a matter of treating the anxiety or the headaches.
Hasn't your doctor given you anything for your anxiety? Or your headache?

Apart from that how about changing your lifestyle. Your eating habits?

I know how debilitating constant headaches can be, having just gone through two months of them myself recently. I became very depressed as I thought they'd never end.
I knew my anxiety and stress was the cause and I also knew I couldn't go on living with them so I made a conscious effort to sort them out. It was a combined effort to tackle the anxiety and the headaches.

I started walking, breathing exercises, eating healthier and trying to practice mindfulness. I did things to distract my mind and I used anything that made me feel happier whether it was buying myself flowers or having a bubble bath. But most importantly I made myself accept that the headaches were just a symptom of the anxiety and NOTHING more.

anx mum
19-06-16, 18:00
Thank u becky. Did u have constant headaches? Deep down I'm concerned this is what my mum had. I really hope it's anxiety so I can get my life back. Your right about lifestyle need to get ore motivated lose weight get bk my self esteem.

Beckybecks
19-06-16, 18:10
Yes, my headaches were constant. I went to sleep with them and they arrived quite soon after I woke up. I remember that my first thought in the morning was "the headache" and I think that's what brought it on. As soon as I felt the slightest twinge I started to panic and worry and then it just got worse and lasted all day long.
It was only once I calmed down that they gradually became less until they disappeared.
I'm hoping that yours will too.
I understand why you worry with your family history, but that is exactly what's keeping the headaches going.
I hope you can get yourself out of the loop soon.

anx mum
19-06-16, 19:32
Thanks becky. We're your headaches were severe. Did u take any painkillers that helped. Your right I'm in a loop and I can't get out of it. Been to hospital they just send me home feel like I am going mad.

Beckybecks
19-06-16, 19:44
Hi anx mum. Yes my headaches were severe. Or at least I thought they were, but with HA the symptoms always feel worse than they really are. They were bad enough to make me feel nauseous.
I've had so many different symptoms caused by anxiety that I seldom go to the doctor anymore. I was going through an extremely stressful situation and my anxiety was sky-high so I think I just knew it as another symptom.
I'm not good at taking medication. I took paracetamol but they didn't help at all.
Do you have any medication?
I can tell that you're very anxious and that's obviously what's causing your headaches.
You need to accept that what you have is not what your mum had and that your worrying about it is just making you ill.

anx mum
19-06-16, 20:50
Just hope it's nothing sinister. Really confused as I don't normally get headaches on meds but painkillers aren't really working. My hubby and sister say it's anxiety I really hope it is I guess I just want an answer. Want my life bk not working struggling looking after kids. How did your headaches go???? Trying not to worry but it's hard. Thanks for chatting

Beckybecks
19-06-16, 21:00
Seems like everyone's telling you the same thing. It's anxiety.
Only you can stop your worrying. Then your headaches will go.
That's how mine went.
You need to accept what the doctor tells you. That there's nothing wrong with you. And that it's due to anxiety.
Do you have medication for your anxiety? If you get your anxiety under control you'll feel better. Believe me!

anx mum
19-06-16, 21:48
Yeah on meds for anxiety. Don't think there working. Got horrid thoughts in my head like a blood clot or mass I'm hoping these would of shown on ct scan.

anx mum
20-06-16, 09:15
Can anyone help. God not coping was at a and e weekend again with severe headaches. They told me to ring neroligist which I've rung secretary but don't know how long it will be. Taking morphine to get through a day. As u can imagine anxiety is through the roof