PDA

View Full Version : Argh University!

char123
19-06-16, 16:39
Hi everyone,

I havent posted for a while as ive found that google and sometimes this site has increased my anxiety and weird 'pure O obsessions'. I havent been diagnosed with pure O but i believe that i have it especially the sexual themes- asking myself practically everyday if im attracted to my brother, dad or to children. I try not to react to them and its helped a little but i still ask myself but anyway this isnt the point of this post...

So im 17 and I go to university next year! I want to do something spanish as its the only thing that appeals to me and i like the idea of being fluent in it. But mostly everywhere it is a 4 year course with the 3rd year abroad! Im really torn about going because i'm afraid i wont be able to cope, maybe my obsessions will worsen (especially if i work in a school for abit) as i'll be more alone and im scared i'll fall into a depression and have to come home. But then i think maybe i'll become more independent, maybe my obsessions will stop because i'll be out in the real world and put everything into perspective and i'll be LIVING my life outside of my mind. I guess i'm writing on here because I want your advice and if you've experienced the year abroad with anxiety or OCD.

I dont want to give into 'the fear' but i'm scared that this trip away from home for 365 days will tip me over the edge :'( This will be in 3 years so i dont even know why im worrying about it now. Also im torn whether to live in the university for basically the same reasons about the year abroad so I'd really appreciate any advice on that also :D

Thanks for reading!!

Fishmanpa
19-06-16, 20:10
My first thought upon seeing the thread title was that it was about a university to become a pirate! "Arrrggg ye matey" :D

My daughter suffers from anxiety and depression and felt similar going off to college. She even had to take a semester off but she got help and on the right meds and she's graduating in December and just made Dean's List again :)

Ask your folks for help if need be and make sure you connect with counseling at college to help you is needed.

Positive thoughts