PDA

View Full Version : lithium

sidiam
19-06-16, 17:32
does anybody have any thoughts about taking lithium.
I'm not doing very well at the moment on 10 mgs Lexapro and know that next week when I see my psychiatrist she will want me to go on lithium.
Don't want to start a new medication, taking two will be very difficult for me.
take care Sxx

Desperate2bnormal:(
29-09-16, 11:28
Hello. I tried lithium about 2 years ago and found it of benefit. It's very subtle though and I stupidly stopped hence me being back here. Read loads on it and most doctors here don't prescribe it (probably because it's very cheap. This post is quie old so interested to see if you have started taking it? Good luck Ste

sidiam
05-10-16, 20:03
Just noticed your post. Thanks for getting in touch.
I haven't started with Lithium. I am quite scared and very sensitive to meds. and decided with my psychiatrist that I would give citalopram a try, I used to take it before they started messing about with all my meds. I am giving it 3 months and tho' I've been taking it for 2 months now I seem to be having a setback.
I hope you are coping, are you back on medication,
take care
Sxx

Desperate2bnormal:(
11-10-16, 13:21
Hey. Sorry I've only just seen your message. How are you getting on now. X

sidiam
15-10-16, 20:30
Hey. Sorry I've only just seen your message. How are you getting on now. X

I started a new thread this evening...so to make things easier have copied it.

I've not posted all week. I have been in a mh clinic, had a few "funny turns"...
On Monday I start on lithium, my psychiatrist is running out of options to help me with depression/anxiety.
I will be taking citalopram 20mg and half of the lowest dose of lithium (over sensitive for meds.) I have had all the tests done to see if I can take lithium and the results were good enough. I will stay in the clinic under observation. as will be having regular blood tests and I really can't cope with all the stress at home on my own,
I have had several different meds. over the years but for some reason I am really frightened to start lithium. Don't know why. :weep:
can anyone talk some sense into me...
I have to try this, I can't go one with the relapses every few weeks.
take care
Sxx

Hi desperate2bnormal
I hope you read this and can reassure me a bit.
How are you getting on?
take care
Sxx