PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

fruitandnutlover
19-06-16, 17:38
Hi all

I have found this site and am hoping there are some kindred spirits who can empathize with my woes.

I am 43 and have been a worrier all of my life.

However, since my late 20's I have suffered from so many different types of anxiety.

I have 'normal' everyday anxiety but also social anxiety and panics but my main problem seems to be health anxiety which is with me everyday I worry about every lump, bump, pain, ache, strange sensation, rash, mark etc it throws me into panic everyday and has really taken a hold :(

I really hope to get some advice from fellow sufferers.

Thanks all - Becky :)

venusbluejeans
19-06-16, 17:45
Hiya fruitandnutlover and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

HalfJack
19-06-16, 22:02
Hello Becky! Cool name, I love me some fruit and nut but it's been ages. Might treat myself tomorrow.

I have those too although social anxiety is my biggest issue, really bothers me! Today I went to town feeling fine but after about an hour I just wanted to run home.
Hope you like it here :)

Health anxiety is a difficult one. I was new to it a few years ago and thanks to already being a member here I managed to nip it in the bud before I got totally obsessed. Lots of info on here how other people have dealt with it too. The success stories posts can be a good read :)

spanishbasqueheart
19-06-16, 23:51
Welcome Becky! You're amongst friends here and the site has helped me a lot xx

Mark13
21-06-16, 16:59
Hello Becky and :welcome:to the forum.

seasideboy
28-06-16, 21:44
I'm exactly the same with health and ocd spoiling every day, trying music and comedy. Do you get tremors all over?