PDA

View Full Version : Had heart palps on and off for two days

sunflower7
19-06-16, 20:34
Please can anyone tell me if it can be caused by anxiety? Two days I've been feeling rubbish with heart palps and feels like missed beats.

pollynewsome
20-06-16, 14:45
Well i had it and still do when i am really anxious.. its a strange sensation but it does seem to come and go.. ive stopped worrying about it though and now i hardly notice it. Hope that helps. x

sunflower7
20-06-16, 14:50
Thank you x

Victory2016
21-06-16, 23:15
Hi sunflower!

How is your stomach are you drinking and eating regularly now? Some tips that may help.

1. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water as being dehydrated can cause palps

2. Add a 1/2 tsp of sea salt to your water as your electrolytes could be off or drink coconut water as that will restore electrolytes

3. Make sure you are eating enough healthy carbs. Low carb is bad for anxiety & can cause heart palps for some people

4. Make sure your protein intake is not to high. High protein intake bad for anxiety & causes heart palps some people

5. Make sure you are eating enough by getting enough calories. If your not eating enough your body goes into starvation mode and that puts more stress on your body.

However the anxiety can cause this and also side effect of the meds until they disappear

Hope something will help you...

sunflower7
22-06-16, 08:01
Aww than you so much. I ended up going to A&E on Mon morning as I was so scared. They did a trace and said it was sinus tachycardia. Just want to feel in control again instead of being scared of every symptom.