PDA

View Full Version : Newbe here and really not coping this week

serenstars
19-06-16, 21:24
Hi

My husband is currently in France following Wales in the Euros, he left over a week ago and I am really not coping. Whenever he goes away I have a constant fear that something awful will happen to him and even more so when alcohol is involved. I can't concentrate on anything until I know he's safe in the hotel. I have hardly ate the last week..I've lost 5lb in weight. The nights, like tonight, when I know he's out drinking all I can do is keep checking Facebook to see if he's put anything on there so I know he's ok. My heartbeat is high, I keep having headaches too . We have 2 children age 8 and 5 and I know I snap and shout at them for no real reason other than I'm stressed with worry.
Thanks for listening

HalfJack
19-06-16, 21:55
I've had this issue before too with my boyfriend, I really worry about him when we are apart. I try to reason with myself, like whatever happens happens and all that but yeah it's one of those ones that really brings me down even if I manage to deal with the anxiety pretty well.

Is there something you can do to take your mind off it? Like something that takes up a lot of concentration? I find that even just 10 minutes of distraction can help calm me down in the long term, gives me something to grip onto I guess.

My mum took a lot of her stress out on me a lot, she was a good mum though, no one can be perfect. The fact you know you do it helps, my mum didn't for a long time and it was much easier for both of us when she realized her temper was the issue not me.

serenstars
19-06-16, 22:01
Thanks for the reply...I'll take a look at your blog. I just feel like I'm barely coping at the moment..can't seem to concentrate on anything. The only time I didn't feel stressed was when I stayed with my sister last weekend and got drunk! Obviously I know that's not the way to cope and would never do that when I'm home alone with the kids.