PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas?

Mugs
20-06-16, 01:25
Hi
I really need help trying to find a drug to help decrease my anxiety. Any ideas would be appreciated.
I'm currently on pregabalin 200mg and trazodone 100mgs.
I don't know if increasing either would help.
I've been battling this anxiety for over 2 years, I'm worn out and desperate.
Thanks.
Mugs

Noivous
20-06-16, 02:16
Just throwing this out there, Mugs. What about no medicine?

If that's not for you what about Sertraline? I believe it's the most prescribed drug out there for anxiety.

N.

Mugs
20-06-16, 02:23
Hi
I was on sertraline a couple of years ago. It gave me bad tremors.
Thanks for your reply.

---------- Post added at 01:23 ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 ----------

I really need meds unfortunately, I have tried to go without in the past.

Noivous
20-06-16, 02:26
I hear you on that one. I had tremors that almost made me jump out the window. But I know others it has worked well for. I kinda think it's trial and error with these psych meds.

Mugs
20-06-16, 03:33
I'm so scared nothing will help me and I'm just worn out.

Noivous
20-06-16, 03:36
Yes but if what you are doing now isn't helping then there's no risk in going in a different direction don't you think?

N.

Mugs
20-06-16, 03:40
Yes, you are right.
I've tried a few already, praying to find some relief soon,
Thank-you.

georgewing
20-06-16, 04:58
I,ve got good results with sertraline but you should ask your doctor advice first

pulisa
20-06-16, 08:47
Mugs, I very much empathise with what you are going through and how you are feeling. If only a walk enjoying nature could do the trick but we know that that if things were this simple psychs and therapists would go out of business..

I don't take meds now but it's a personal choice. I hope your consultant can suggest a new approach for you on Thursday- I know how much of a torment living with intense relentless anxiety can be