PDA

View Full Version : Too much anxiety lately

Bluerose
20-06-16, 01:59
Hi everybody,

I'm 33 years old and I'm from Canada. I've been an anxious
person pretty much all my life. And it got worst in the last
few months. I do suspect that I have OCD but nothing been
confirmed yet. I have some obsessions and compulsions that are making my life like hell. Also I have a job I really hate, I work in a call center and I'm looking for a job that wouldn`t be as bad. I only started to get therapy recently. First with a counselor that I meet through my work EAP, but that didn`t worked that much. I went to seek help through a community mental health center and I'm on a waiting list to meet a therapist.

I'm glad that I found this forum, it`s a relief to know that I'm not alone

venusbluejeans
20-06-16, 02:12
Hiya Bluerose and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fedup1967
20-06-16, 16:26
Hi everybody,

I'm 33 years old and I'm from Canada. I've been an anxious
person pretty much all my life. And it got worst in the last
few months. I do suspect that I have OCD but nothing been
confirmed yet. I have some obsessions and compulsions that are making my life like hell. Also I have a job I really hate, I work in a call center and I'm looking for a job that wouldn`t be as bad. I only started to get therapy recently. First with a counselor that I meet through my work EAP, but that didn`t worked that much. I went to seek help through a community mental health center and I'm on a waiting list to meet a therapist.

I'm glad that I found this forum, it`s a relief to know that I'm not alone
Hi Blue rose,
sorry to know you are feeling anxious more than normal.
I'm not sure but I think it maybe due to a combination of worrying about if you have OCD
and not liking your Job?
both can bring on anxiety...the last thing you need right now is to find out you really do have OCD on top of other mental Health Issues.
and then the Job thing,
if you don't enjoy it then that will almost certainly produce chemicals in your brain which saps your enthusiasm which may affect your concentration.
but also because you don't enjoy your job
it probably means you find yourself watching the clock and wishing the day will pass by quickly just so you can get away.
but then you leave and go home
only to find you feel more anxious because you know that once you eat and relax for a while
it will soon be time to sleep and within a few hours its back to work again and the whole cycle starts again.
and when you find yourself in such a situation
it not easy to feel relaxed and happy.
so if its of any comfort please remember that many of us can relate to how you feel...so even though you are alone in real terms,
in other ways your not.
hopefully something will work out and you'll perhaps find a new job that will produce good chemicals in your brain and you'll start to feel less stressed and more calm and happy.
in the meantime try to hold in there and remember there is always someone here to listen to you and offer some hopefully helpful advice comfort and reassurance
to help you cope with the next day.
I hope this helps.
Take care
best wishes to you
from Trevor :bighug1:
Save
Save
Save

T2
27-06-16, 03:03
Hi Bluerose:

I am new, too. I am hopeful that we can find the strength and courage we need through NMP. I desperately want to break out of my shell and head back to the beach in Canada.

I am not too fond of my job, either. Thinking of making a change to something a little less stressful.

Terri

Noivous
27-06-16, 03:06
Welcome friend. You are definitely not alone. You will make friends here and get answers.

N.

Mugs
27-06-16, 05:01
Hi and welcome.
I am also from Canada, suffer from anxiety and not having much luck finding the right combination of therapies to help.
It's so frustrating. I have not been able to work and this makes it harder for me to recover, I think.
I hope we can offer each other some support.
Mugs