PDA

View Full Version : Hard, tiny lump under ankle, feels like a pebble?

Leslie735
20-06-16, 02:52
Just like the title suggests, I've had this tiny little lump underneath my right ankle (on the outside) for about a year or more. Every now and then it aches but not often. Its hard, like a tiny stone or something. I can't tell if it moves or not. I'm worried it could mean something bad. :(

Fishmanpa
20-06-16, 02:59
I'm worried it could mean something bad. :(

Not if it's been there for a year or more.

Positive thoughts

Leslie735
20-06-16, 03:01
Not if it's been there for a year or more.

Positive thoughts

I know its been there at least a year. I first noticed it last summer. I don't think its changed since then but not 100% sure on that either. It has never concerned me but for some reason today it has me concerned. What could it be? I don't want to google.

WiseMonkey
20-06-16, 07:51
Hi it could be a ganglion I have one on my wrist, a g/friend of mine has one on her ankle as well. They feel solid but an ultrasound shows them as being non solid lumps. I don't know how old you are, but they tend to appear with age... we are both in our late 50's. They are benign cysts.

Lesley

Leslie735
20-06-16, 15:31
Hi it could be a ganglion I have one on my wrist, a g/friend of mine has one on her ankle as well. They feel solid but an ultrasound shows them as being non solid lumps. I don't know how old you are, but they tend to appear with age... we are both in our late 50's. They are benign cysts.

Lesley

I read about those yesterday, but they tend to show through the skin and are more marble/soft like. This isn't like that at all. I'm 31. :shrug:

countrygirl
20-06-16, 19:00
Was about to say the same. I get loads of ganglions and have had them on my ankle bones many years ago. They were exactly as you describe and ached if I walked too much or if I pressed them. They usually go by themselves but can last for a year or so.

I also get tendon cysts which feel like little balls that I can move around a bit, they are cysts of tendon fluid attached on threads making them movable and again they tend to last for upt o 2 years then do away themselves.

Fishmanpa
20-06-16, 19:23
I have something like this on my neck near my collarbone. It's been there forever. It's about the size of a BB. When I pointed it out to my Radiation Oncologist, he joked that I should ask my Surgical Oncologist what he left inside of me ~lol~ It's nothing really... just one the weird things our bodies do. Heck, I have a lipoma the size of a golf ball in my lower back. Painful too! Hope to have it removed soon. Again, it's nothing sinister just like your little ankle lump.

Positive thoughts

Leslie735
21-06-16, 04:50
I have something like this on my neck near my collarbone. It's been there forever. It's about the size of a BB. When I pointed it out to my Radiation Oncologist, he joked that I should ask my Surgical Oncologist what he left inside of me ~lol~ It's nothing really... just one the weird things our bodies do. Heck, I have a lipoma the size of a golf ball in my lower back. Painful too! Hope to have it removed soon. Again, it's nothing sinister just like your little ankle lump.

Positive thoughts

Thank you! I feel more at ease over it. :)

---------- Post added at 03:50 ---------- Previous post was at 00:39 ----------

Was about to say the same. I get loads of ganglions and have had them on my ankle bones many years ago. They were exactly as you describe and ached if I walked too much or if I pressed them. They usually go by themselves but can last for a year or so.

I also get tendon cysts which feel like little balls that I can move around a bit, they are cysts of tendon fluid attached on threads making them movable and again they tend to last for upt o 2 years then do away themselves.

Thank you!!

Leslie735
10-07-16, 04:21
Thought I'd update for anyone who might see this. I saw my GP the other day and asked her about it she said its simply just bone overgrowth or a boney spur. Nothing to fret over. :)

Leslie735
27-10-17, 20:20
Updating this thread again, I actually showed it again to my new primary Dr she sent me for an x-ray. The X-ray showed a "calcific density" said it could be from an old injury. Of course, I googled calcification and all I found was cancer like sarcomas. I read most of the time it can mean cancer. What the heck?!!!

beasty340
27-10-17, 20:23
Updating this thread again, I actually showed it again to my new primary Dr she sent me for an x-ray. The X-ray showed a "calcific density" said it could be from an old injury. Of course, I googled calcification and all I found was cancer like sarcomas. I read most of the time it can mean cancer. What the heck?!!!

That is what happens when you google... the doctor and the x-ray said it did not seem harmful.

Leslie735
27-10-17, 20:41
That is what happens when you google... the doctor and the x-ray said it did not seem harmful.

I know, I shouldn't have googled it. But my Dr said to watch it and that got my mind rolling and in googled it and read SO much about calcified areas being tumors.

beasty340
27-10-17, 21:10
I know, I shouldn't have googled it. But my Dr said to watch it and that got my mind rolling and in googled it and read SO much about calcified areas being tumors.

Also, having a bone tumor doesn't automatically mean it is cancer. Some of the time bone tumors are harmless growths.

KK77
27-10-17, 21:18
I don't understand. You've "updated" over a year later, after you were told you had a "bony spur", and a recent X-ray picked up a "calcific density", probably from an "old injury", and now you're thinking it's "sarcoma"? What has changed apart from you Googling? Try Googling "benign bone growth/injury" and see what you get.