PDA

View Full Version : Low tempature

LiamRoseic
20-06-16, 07:09
So in the past two hours my temperature went from being 98.9 to 96.9 and the room wasn't cold or anything. I felt feverish so I took my temperature, took it again about 30 minutes later, took a nap, woke up and felt really awful, took it again, and it's been lower each time. It slowly went back up and last I took it, it was at 98.1. I know the thermometer isn't broke either and I take my temperature rectally. I got only 4 hours sleep last night and an hour and a half nap tonight, that's what my friend said could be the cause. For the past month or so, I've had a temperature of about 99.2 but my doctors didn't care, even though it was around 98 commonly before that.

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:34 ----------

It is now down to 97.8.

---------- Post added at 20:55 ---------- Previous post was at 20:45 ----------

I'm worried that this is sepsis...

---------- Post added at 21:12 ---------- Previous post was at 20:55 ----------

PLease?

---------- Post added at 23:09 ---------- Previous post was at 21:12 ----------

I now feel extremley lathargic

LiamRoseic
21-06-16, 03:30
No one?

Shazamataz
21-06-16, 04:33
I think you can get a lower temp when you are tired so a lack of sleep may be enough to cause it.

LiamRoseic
21-06-16, 05:55
I think you can get a lower temp when you are tired so a lack of sleep may be enough to cause it.

I got some sleep last night and yet I still feel really tired. The normal temperature for me is 99.2, or has been for the past two months and yesterday it went down to 96.9. Today it was back up to 98.9 but is now fighting to stay above 97.4.. I've gotten sleep and still feel so drained. My throat hurts as well now. I feel cold as well.

Shazamataz
21-06-16, 06:16
I've had that too with the anxiety as well as a slightly raised temperature. Its not very nice but I expect it's no harm, just feels a bit miserable.

Mojo61
21-06-16, 06:18
Normal body temperature can be between 97 and 99 and can fluctuate throughout the day based on many different factors. It is unrealistic to expect it to be bang on 99.2 every time you take a reading because it will naturally vary anyway, and you are just making yourself anxious by ruminating on it. Just accept that it fluctuates and you will feel better.

LiamRoseic
22-06-16, 08:32
I just find it weird that it was 99 for months every time that I took it and now it's hardly even above 98.