PDA

View Full Version : Ectopics for over a week !!!

jwh
21-06-16, 11:03
I've now had ectopic heartbeats for eight days in a row, all day, probably between 6-8 a minute, and now got a bit of discomfort in my chest now and again, I put that down to the amount of ectopics, anyone else have this frequency of ectopics and for eight days or more, and if so how do you cope with it ? I't's now affecting my everyday life, but my doctor says it's stress, I don't feel stressed, well not all the time, I've been on a betablocker for a few years Bisoprolol 5mg but I don't think they really help, any tips, or do you just have to ride this out, I've had them for a few in a row days before, but never this long.

Thanks

John

Mugs
21-06-16, 15:08
Hi
Do you know if you are having PACs (premature atrial contractions), PVCs (premature ventricular contractions)?
Are you staying away from caffeine, chocolate, MSG?

Brian123
21-06-16, 15:10
Hi John, anxiety is making them worse, you sound like you are in the same boat as I was a couple of months ago, read my thread, read all of it

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=181949&page=2

jwh
21-06-16, 16:31
Hi Mugs, it's PVC'S I've had all the usual tests, had an echo and stress test done about a year ago, the person doing the echo said "hope they're all like you, no problem" and the stress test, I got to 110% of the test, and nothing found.

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:24 ----------

Hi Brian 123, I'm a 56 year old man and been having theses off and on (mostly on) for six years, and can't seem to find a trigger, I now only drink decaff coffee, don't smoke, I do like to have a beer and a glass of wine, and when it does go away for a day or so, it's great, I've had a few times when it's went away for a couple of weeks, but then it comes back, it always comes back lol

sammy91
22-06-16, 02:08
Hi jwh,

I've had palpitations somewhat infrequently for about 10 years. Up until recently it hasn't interfered with my life too much, and usually has disappeared before I have had the chance to get too worked up over it. Last week I ended up in hospital for a few days with multiple PVC's - I was having 30+ in a minute at some times, if I sat up/stoop up/attempted to walk to the bathroom. It's now 5 days later and I'm still experiencing them pretty much every minute. Sometimes lucky to only get a few, other times 10 or 20 or more. You can find my post in the forum - it's titled "SCARY Ectopic beats/PVC's/palpitations"

I know how scary it can be, it's hard to feel reassured when it feels like you could possibly go into cardiac arrest! But try to trust the doctors more and fear the experience less. I would try an elimination diet if it seems to be causing you too much grief, it may help. All the best :)

jwh
22-06-16, 10:57
Hi sammy91,

Thanks for posting a reply, I may look into the diet thing, hope you're feeling a bit better now, good luck.

John

stars22
25-06-16, 01:26
I'm the same I have had some sort of attack where my heart was racing and went into tachycardia and it's been like it for nearly a month when I stand my heart rate goes really high and my hospital have let me go 6 times or more over last 3 weeks now I'm having constant palps and flutters and thuds in my chest it's like quivers and I'm absolutely terrified they come every like 5 minutes and can do loads in a row it feels I lose my breathe with some have to cough with others I'm 24 normally healthy very had like 6-9 ecgs in last three weeks and all came back normal all blood work too I keep thinking I have sudden death syndrome

Mike_NY
13-07-16, 22:59
I'm going on almost 2 weeks having them every day, but not constant. Just here and there but they are stressing me out

WiredIncorrectly
01-08-16, 15:29
Holy christ guys/girls. I thought I had them bad. You lot are brave warriors, I do not know how I could cope with that many for that period of time.